Telefonica Tip.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Phoneline went dead the other day but instead of phoning Telefonica I went on their website and reported the fault online.

I was called in about 15 minutes to confirm the fault and an Engineer came out at 16:00 the same day and fixed the fault!

Neil

www.soltecspain.com

Like 0      
20 Aug 2010 8:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Mmmm.........what do you do if your internet connection depends on said dead Telefónica line?  

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Aug 2010 11:50 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Roberto...Call them on a mobile...!(Something we have to do quite regularly as we are subject to frequent failures of the ADSL and or phone...)

Another tip for Telefonica users...don't buy one of their wireless handset phones...if you have a  mains power failure they are useless because the base unit relies on  incoming mains power; we have both a wireless handset phone and a conventional phone; the power required for the conventional phone comes down the phone lines.

Regarding ADSL faults...If you are convinced  that problem is not related to your equipment, call Telefonica on 1004 and request a home visit to check out your line to the switching centre. The ADSL help line on 900 357000 (Spanish only) will help out with equipment problems relating to your service but will never admit to a line fault... If on the other hand there is a line fault of which they are aware they wll not connect your call to a helper but will play a recorded message indicating that they are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
21 Aug 2010 11:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Obviously if the land line goes down the easiest thing to is call them on the mobile (and I've usually received perfectly good service from them too) but the original post suggested contacting them on-line - which is tricky if your adsl line is down.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts
Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x