Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We are finally here and have been for the past month and are living in East Estepona, near Selwo and love the urb we are on. John has now started his job in Gib and has got his S1 form from the social security office in Gib and now we need to take it to the one in Estepona is this correct, then register with the health centre? My baby is due in 4 weeks so wanting to get this done asap!!!

We have joined SOS Medics and they have been great, already been out to me. Have a private midwife too so all ok with me and baby which is good news as it has been very stressful as you can all imagine.

The girls are settling in well and are looking forward to starting school in a few weeks time.

We have our NIE and Padron so presume we just take these along with the S1 form and hey presto!!! (although yes I know this is Spain!)

Have a good day.

Sarah

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 6:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Sarah

Glad to hear you're all settling in well.

I don't know about the S1 form so maybe someone else can advise on that.

All the best.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 9:06 PM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Dear Sarah,

It´s nice to hear good stories from people moving to Spain, I was in the same position not long ago, so I know everything can be a little bit too much. Congratulations on the baby and thank you for the kind words with regards to SOS. I am the official interpreter of the company, so we are very happy when  we hear about satisfied members. I was looking at your E106 situation and found the following info on the NHS webpage. Probably the info will be useful. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/countryguide/Pages/healthcareinSpain.aspx

On the page click on Living in Spain.

I know from my experience that unless you register with the Social Security (that is paying taxes) you don´t need to register with the local clinic, and if you need to go in you show the European Health Insurance Card or the E106 form. Also, the 112 services is free for everybody. I have registered autónomo (self-employed), I pay a monthly fee to Social Security, is 179 euros, because I am under 35 years, and I benefit from national health cover and pension. So, you should take the papers to the Estepona Social Security first and hopefully they won´t need anything else.

Follow the steps in the link, try and find out your exact situation at the Estepona medical center and if now drop me an e mail and I will see if there is anything else we can help: valentina@sosmedicos24hs.com. I belive it is very important you ask them also what will the baby´s situation be, what do you need to show to get him registered with the clinic.

As you know our 24 hours doctors are available and happy to attend, but you should clear up the situation with the local hospital.

Hope I have clarified a bit the situation and as I said, any questions, don´t hesitate to contacts us!

Kind Regards

Valentina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x