Router problem

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

My puppy bit through my wi-fi router wire a couple of months ago, and although the wire has been taped together and worked up until now, it is hit and miss whether I can get onto the internet every morning.

Where can I get a wireless telefonica router from quickly if I need to? Without going through the rigmarole of phoning Telefonica, and them giving me three different prices then passing me on to countless people who then give me different prices, then hoping it turns up in the post.

Can I get one directly from a Telefonica shop? Is there a shop in Fuengirola? And how much should it cost? Also, as a non-techno type person, do I just plug it in or will I have to get a computer man to come and fix it?

Gracias,

Jane

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 10:38 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi amatista,

I have a router I do not use (it's a telefonica one) because we finished with telefonica it's almost brand new and you can have it for 20 euros if you want but it depends where you live of course.

regards kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 11:27 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Jane, which cable did your puppy chew through?  On most routers the cables are all replaceable - the power cable, the cable to the telephone wall socket or the cable to the computer?  (I don't know the technical names!!).

If you take your cable/router to any shop that sells computer equipment, you should be able to replace it easily - even Carrefour may be able to help if it's the pc or telephone cable, although the power cable might be a bit more problematic.

If you just replace the cable, you shouldn't have to reconfigure the router.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 15/06/2010.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 11:50 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Pitby but it´s the power cable - I took the old one to Juma in Fuengirola but they didn´t have one the same, and am not sure where else to try.

Jane

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

satelite tv set up - 5 posts
Justin, look what eye found! - 2 posts
Case Won and Money Returned - Maria & Costa Luz Lawyers - 21 posts
Bank Guarantee - Case won and money returned - Maria & Costa Luz Lawyers - 42 posts
Upvc - 0 posts
Rattan Garden furniture - 3 posts
Apartment for Sale - 1 posts
How do I load a Powerpoint presentation into a new thread - 1 posts
Problems with President, Administrators and repairs been done. - 5 posts
How to get Spanish accent marks on your PC - 12 posts
Visual link Spanish - 0 posts
Teaching English in San Javier, Murcia - need information - 2 posts
Thank you to EOS!! - 2 posts
Musicians? - 12 posts
Im new and im moving to a spanish Cave House! - 8 posts
Im new and im going to move to a Spanish Cave House! - 6 posts
Gibraltar - 3 posts
Maria does it again!! - 23 posts
Land classification - Suelo No Urbanizable Comun - 2 posts
Fake Telefonica Phone Call - WARNING!!! - 1 posts
Velez Rubio How Nice - 3 posts
Should I give an estate agent a copy of my deeds? - 3 posts
Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions! - 6 posts
Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x