Copia Simple

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2010 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Some two years ago, I foolishly used the Copia Simple as proof of residency, when applying for a Spanish Passport for my wife.

It is taking forever for the authorities to complete the paperwork, being told that the situation is still under review!

I remember that we used the Copia Simple for connection of utilities, etc., in the beginning but have never needed it since.

My question is, is it hugely important to have this document? Of course, I hold the Escritura.

If the Passport application does not materialise, can I get a replacement copy of the Copia Simple if required?

Thanks in advance for any help.

pilgrim

Like 0      
25 May 2010 12:21 AM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

I believe its called a nota simple, You can get a copy from the land registry office, you will need some of the details from your escritura. When I obtained one 5 years ago it was 7 euros and took 3 days.

Like 0      
25 May 2010 6:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

A Nota Simple is an up to date information document from the Land Registry, detailing any current debts etc. on the property; a Copia Simple is just a simplified, or shortened, version of the escritura, usually just the first few pages with the relevant information (owner's details, catastral reference etc.) If you are near to the notary where you signed for the property, you could go there and ask for a copy (there'll be a charge I would think), or you could just photocopy the main pages of the escritura - several times. It's not a vitally important document in the sense that you need an original (it is after all by definition a "copy") but keeping well stocked in photocopies of it is always a good idea.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

life Insurance - 0 posts
POOL INSCURANCE - 0 posts
Spanish Bank In Trouble - 1 posts
Can anyone help please - 8 posts
can i cas a uk cheque in my spanish account - 14 posts
inport duty - 3 posts
Buggies & Prams - 0 posts
VARIOUS ITEMS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Interest rate predictions. - 3 posts
Caja Sur calls in the administrators - 6 posts
Hilarious videos thread - 7 posts
Has anyone heard IF Easyjet has pulled its Bristol - Murcia route from Nov 1st ? - 7 posts
moors & christians. - 0 posts
Hello - 5 posts
GoldCar & AmigoAutos - 6 posts
If you can see the black smoke over the Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
Legal tip 277. Low cost action against Banks. Manifesto by Costaluzlawyers - 0 posts
steve thoomy amber pools - 3 posts
WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Car hire Full/Full Malaga Airport - 4 posts
Spanish Digital TV and Freeview box (None satellite) - 7 posts
Linea Directa will beat your car insurance renewal quote - 11 posts
World Cup 2010 thread - 3 posts
Looking for guest for TV show in Croatia - 0 posts
car hire alicante to benidorm - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x