Linea Directa will beat your car insurance renewal quote

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2010 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Linea Directa have an offer on at the moment where they say they will beat your car insurance renewal quote.  More info here.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:46 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

It's all advertising!

I tried them this week but they could not match Zurich.

But always good to check around.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 9:27 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Slightly off topic question. I currently use car hire each time we stay in our home. I have been thinking of buying a car. How much should I expect to pay for annual car insurance? And are there any particular qualifiers that bring the premium down.

Thanks, Dave

Like 0      
21 May 2010 10:25 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Fully comprehensive EUR500-EUR600

As long as all drivers are 26+ then all pretty standard if you don't have any history that would push the premium up.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 10:45 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Thanks Faro

Any idea what the premium may be for drivers of 21+ ? Thinking of the kids now. Also, does I presume the history has to be in Spain, not the UK?

Like 0      
21 May 2010 3:51 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Spanish insurance companies do not (for very good reason!!!!) like young people. Some will not even insure young people.

The premium will probably be EUR1,000 to EUR1,500 or even more!

It's quite common in Spain not to insure young drivers but let them drive on the basis the car is insured. Even if the police ask to see insurance docs or licences or car papers etc they never seem to ask if the driver is actually insured to drive. I know this to be the case with a lot of Spanish families but it's high risk especially if there is an accident etc (and NOT something I would either do or recommend).

I don't think it makes any difference where you've gained your experience - just give them a copy of your UK policy if they ask for evidence etc

But before you buy a car I suggest you get some quotes.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 4:25 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

As I understand it, it is not the person that is insured to drive the car, but the car itself.  This being the case, the insurance companies add the proviso that drivers of the car have to be over a certain age - be it 25 or 30 yrs or whatever.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 5:22 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Correct - but quite a few Spanish families would seem to ignore the proviso and let the those between 18 to 25 drive providing they have the licence.

As far as I understand Spanish car insurance is pretty open and the car is insured for anyone over 26 (not sure on upper age limit) to drive.

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:02 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

We use LD and pay just under 400 euro per car for fully comp plus breakdown cover. We do not have courtesy car included.

Jean

Like 0      
31 May 2010 10:24 PM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi . I have just purchased a 2002 Ford Focus Estate Auto. I used LD for fully comp insurance. Dropping the Courtesy car from the policy. Cost was €374.

JB

Like 0      
31 May 2010 11:42 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Further to an earlier posting I made LD did come back with a better premium but 3 days too late as they would not do it at the time!!!!

LD do not like young drivers. I had a previous policy with them but left when I needed to add young driver.

If you have any young people about to come of driving age I would suggest checking at renewal and jumping ship if you get negative vibes etc.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 12:26 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We are with Helvetia through Knight's brokers in Quesada. We have a Ford Fiesta 1.3, 5 dr, it's 2+1/2 yrs old.

We are fully comp with full breakdown, 200€ excess, it was 349€ plus 30€ for a courtesy car. Just got renewal today for starting on June 9th, it's 352€ plus 30€ courtesy car.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

World Cup 2010 thread - 3 posts
Looking for guest for TV show in Croatia - 0 posts
car hire alicante to benidorm - 4 posts
Sending documents internationally - 6 posts
Furnitures - 4 posts
Football in La Cala - 2 posts
Mijas Golf to Alhaurin - 0 posts
How nice is your Spanish Property? - 39 posts
HELP! How do I...? - 4 posts
What are the elements for Breach of Contract in Spain? - 4 posts
I'm looking for work in Madrid - 3 posts
Atlas/Arroca - 0 posts
whole life insurance - 4 posts
Unpaid community fees - 6 posts
Where to invest £1000 for daughter? - 17 posts
Help again?????? - 0 posts
Your valuable advice please - 3 posts
Watch This Thread-LOVE IT! - 6 posts
Dipping toes in water - 2 posts
I want to buy Champion League Final Ticket 2010 (Match date 22 May 2010)? Plz help - 0 posts
Items for sale - 3 posts
Buying Wines - 0 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Jumping over babies - 6 posts
THAT IS IT! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x