Furnitures

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2010 12:00 AM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Dear all,

My husband and I have now been in Spain for a while . He is a furniture maker and would like to carry on working as such in Spain, but we would need to know if you think this business will work here. He is reliable and can make lovely wood furniture which can be as rustic or modern as wished.

Please let us know your opinion (or if you are interesting in buying furniture which will suits your needs and tastes ;) ) to help us decide what to do!

Thank you all.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 10:30 PM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

51 person viewed my message, but nobody replied!

We would only like your opinion in order to make the right choice!!

Thanks for your time, help and support.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 11:15 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - sorry that you haven't had any replies but you asked a really hard question! 

There isn't a lot of money around at the moment and my own personal opinion is that it would be hard to get started as a furniture maker.  There is so much cheap and second-hand furniture around this area - and you have Ikea in Murcia too.  I know that hand-crafted furniture is a completely different proposition but when people can buy cheap and cheeful then the quality market can be hard going.

There is also the cost of starting your own business here as you pay Social Security from day one, even when you are not earning a cent.  You will also need an accountant as the laws here as pretty complex.

Sorry to sound so negative, but hopefully when things start to improve again there will be more money going around for quality products like these.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 11:43 PM by Iain1978 Star rating in UK. 21 posts Send private message

Hi

Its a very nice idea is it possible to see some of his work and get some ideas about prices. Does he have  website?

Iain

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:30 AM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Dear Claire T,

Thank you for your reply. We will take everything you said into consideration.

Dear Iain1978,

If you wish, we can sent you pictures of his work as we haven't set a web page yet. If you are looking for something in particular, please tell me and we will give you an idea about the price.

Thanks again for your support.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Football in La Cala - 2 posts
Mijas Golf to Alhaurin - 0 posts
How nice is your Spanish Property? - 39 posts
HELP! How do I...? - 4 posts
What are the elements for Breach of Contract in Spain? - 4 posts
I'm looking for work in Madrid - 3 posts
Atlas/Arroca - 0 posts
whole life insurance - 4 posts
Unpaid community fees - 6 posts
Where to invest £1000 for daughter? - 17 posts
Help again?????? - 0 posts
Your valuable advice please - 3 posts
Watch This Thread-LOVE IT! - 6 posts
Dipping toes in water - 2 posts
I want to buy Champion League Final Ticket 2010 (Match date 22 May 2010)? Plz help - 0 posts
Items for sale - 3 posts
Buying Wines - 0 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Jumping over babies - 6 posts
THAT IS IT! - 3 posts
Re: non-residency status certificate - 16 posts
The Great Siesta Debate - 3 posts
Jerez airport - parking - 3 posts
bus routes going through San Cayetano - 1 posts
Santander to San javier - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x