Railway Museum near Algar Waterfalls

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Does anyone know anything about this museum?  I can't find any info on the internet other than there is a museum near the waterfalls.  My brother in law is coming to Benidorm in the summer, and is a train fanatic, so I'm trying to find out whether it's worth a visit or not.  Thanks

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 10:38 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

As far as I am aware the only Museum closeby to the Algar waterfalls is the vintage car museum on the road between Callosa & Guadalest, I can't say that I have heard of a Museuam at the falls, let alone one for trains

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 12:59 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

There is a Railway Museum at the Falls of Algar been there about 20 years

Algar Falls

Algar Falls Beautiful Natural Waterfalls
High in the mountains behind Altea, these beautiful waterfalls and springs cascade into fabulous natural pools where you can enjoy a dip in a lush, tropical paradise. These days the surrounding area is protected by environmental initiatives to preserve what is an amazing natural phenomenon. The area supports the growth of fabulous vegetation, natural spices and medicinal herbs. Visitor facilities include barbecues, bars, toilets and showers, and you'll probably want to visit the site's Museum of the Environment. E-mail: lesfontdealgar@costablanca.org
There are other tourist attractions near the falls including the Algar Cactus Co. and the Railway Museum. One of the Costa Blanca's most popular attractions.

This message was last edited by fpegman on 20/06/2010.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 1:06 PM by Island Babe Star rating in Ireland. 17 posts Send private message

Tumbit is right, its motorcycle museum, on the way to Guadalest.  Its a lovely museum the bikes are in great condition and a trip to Guadalest is good too.  The water in Algar is blddy cold!!!!  Great in August. But go in the spring and eat the Nisperos.  And dont forget to visit Polop, two great bars in the plaza, El Cau and La Font.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Telefonica blocking websites - 4 posts
Polaris World Refunds - 0 posts
I'm Home - 0 posts
Getting back to Blighty - 0 posts
IURA /Gortardo Rodreguez - 0 posts
Where to go!! - 1 posts
What am I doing wrong? - 2 posts
Indian restaurant - 2 posts
Wardrobe wanted - 0 posts
Test Drive Living in Almeria - House Sitting Opportunity - 1 posts
1990 Isuzu Trooper - 0 posts
Stolen 2 Yorkshire Dogs - 4 posts
i have several items for sale - 7 posts
Monarch - 5 posts
2008 VW JETTA 1.9Tdi 4 DOOR SALOON LHD SPANISH REGISTERED CAR. - 0 posts
Live Entertainment v CD (Costa Clueless) - 2 posts
Some people just get on with it! - 3 posts
Monarch flight chaos - information required - 4 posts
Hi, my name is Lisa ..... - 0 posts
Early retirement and healthcare in Spain - 27 posts
Who should you vote for???? - 27 posts
Clutch kit. - 2 posts
declaring at the tax office for the first time and capital gains rollover - 2 posts
Community Problem Regarding Maintenance - 3 posts
Seat Leon Hatchback 5-Door 1.9 Tdi sport 2009 for sale. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x