Digital switchover

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Hi

I was out at the weekend and noticed that my tv and TDT box didn't work anymore. These are connected to the communial Ariel in the building.

Am I right to assume that the digital switchover has happened, and that our Ariel is most likely to be analogue and therefore won't pick up a signal?

I tried retuning the TDT, but it couldn't find any TV or radio stations.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Like 0      
26 Apr 2010 2:30 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yes, the digital switchover has happened and the old analogue channels (some of them) have a card up telling you which channel they are now on with TDT.  However, if you were getting digital signals before, you should still get them now.  In fact, even with an analogue polarised aerial, you should still get a couple of channels (the difference is simply the way the rear deflectors are set up).  You say your TDT box is no longer working from which, I assume, you were getting digital channels before?  In which case, I would first check out your connections as something may have come loose.  Can your neighbours pick up these signals from the communal aerial or is it just you? 

Like 0      
26 Apr 2010 2:44 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

thanks for the reply...don't know about the neighbours, mostly holiday homes...those that are fully occupied have their own sat dishes...

It was a very cheap TDT from carrefor but worked perfectlywhen we were last out in late march

Possible that something came loose...can't imagine that the cable inside the wall would suddenly break, and of course I checked the connections at my end.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2010 2:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Actually, I meant the connection at the aerial end.  I assume it is a communal hook up therefore the reason I asked if your neighbours could still get it.  However, looking on the Round Town News site, it would appear that about a quarter of households in the Valencia province are complaining they cannot get a signal.  The reason being that the TDT broadcasts have changed transmitters since the changeover (some continue using the same site as the old analogue broadcasters but some areas have not).  It may need a repositioning of the aerial to ensure it is pointing in the right direction.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2010 5:34 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Some stations did seem to be off the other day for a while, sometime i retune my digital box just see if ther are new channels available, but you should still be able get signal with arial just like the one you have, its just now you need digital box to decode signal. any one who does not have sat tv, and has a spainish digital box and needs it fitting and tuneing please contact me.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2010 1:50 PM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Will the digital switchover affect people with free to view cards?

Thanks

Simone

Like 0      
27 Apr 2010 2:46 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

They are talking about Spanish tv switching from analogue to digital, not English.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2010 2:57 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

there is talk of sat tv like sky stopping in future and only being available on the internet, but if u have british sat its all ready digital.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 10:45 AM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Thanks esteban for your answer.

@guslopez, I didnt realise they were talking about Spanish tv. By the way the UK are also having an analogue to digital switchover, which I dont know much about, hence my question :)

Simone

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 11:22 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

I AM available in e cds area to instal and tune people digital box sets, if having trouble, 30.00.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 12:34 PM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Thanks esteban, if I get any problems I will pm you :)

Like 0      
29 Apr 2010 10:38 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

back to my original post that started this thread.... I have found out that my neighbours in our block are not having any problems with their TV or TDT, so it looks like there is a prob with the connection to my Apartment.

Next time I'm out, I'll check  the connections at  both ends (where the line comes out of the ariel and into the junction box, and where the ariel comes into my arpartment.)

many thanks to all those who offered advice

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 5:16 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Maybe its your digital box at fault or you may as i have need booster box.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Baby Show - Torremolinos - 1 posts
Creative hair Show in aid of Vera Orphanage - 0 posts
Owners/long term renters stealing community electricity? - 2 posts
van in UK leaves saturday - 1 posts
internet connection - 23 posts
motobike wanted - 0 posts
wanted - 2 posts
Who is having trouble accessing Facebook - 7 posts
I.B.I. - official rated value of property - 1 posts
Recovering from the Marathon? - 0 posts
Railway Museum near Algar Waterfalls - 3 posts
Telefonica blocking websites - 4 posts
Polaris World Refunds - 0 posts
I'm Home - 0 posts
Getting back to Blighty - 0 posts
IURA /Gortardo Rodreguez - 0 posts
Where to go!! - 1 posts
What am I doing wrong? - 2 posts
Indian restaurant - 2 posts
Wardrobe wanted - 0 posts
Test Drive Living in Almeria - House Sitting Opportunity - 1 posts
1990 Isuzu Trooper - 0 posts
Stolen 2 Yorkshire Dogs - 4 posts
i have several items for sale - 7 posts
Monarch - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x