Furniture packages: Value for money??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar
Are furniture packages value for money?

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 2:03 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I thinks so.

We paid a little over 3,000€

The time and effort of choosing and shopping for all the pack contained, plus the delivery and installation being so efficient, made the buying experience a good one for us.

However, if you are moving to Spain permanantly, I would say the majority of people would prefer to pick and choose and shop around for a better trype of furniture.

If you are using your place as a holiday home, especially renting it out, the furniture pack suffices.

You can after all, change things to upgrade on say sofas and beds, or change these things over the cmoing years when you can afford it.

Overall, a good buy.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 2:12 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Blimey Fibby how'd you manage that? That works out to about £2000. Our quote is up to £9500 with a discount and there are still bits and pieces to get!

Alan

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 2:52 PM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar
Same here I got a quote for £10k from VPak and still working out if it is a lot cheaper to do it myself or use a company if it is only going to save me £500 or so.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 3:17 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 3:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I personally don't think so.  We just spent three weeks in Spain furnishing our apartment and, with mostly everything you need, down to Sky box with free view (including installation), LCD TV and home theatre system, we spent roughly 7000.00 euros, more or less.  We still have to get some more decorative stuff and a couple of lamps, but that includes two sets of bedlinen, towels, good quality (steel/glass) shower cubicle (inc. fitting), bathroom fittings, etc., etc, etc.  We did buy cheap curtains for temporary use, as didn't have time to get some made (saying that, one set were 90 euros, which is expensive for what they were compared to this neck of the woods!!).

If you have the time, I think better to do it yourself.  If you don't then a package is obviously more convenient.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 3:23 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

We bought our pack in the summer of 2003, so prices obviously have changed!

Also, we went to Arca with Atlas, and got a nice discount with no IVA to pay.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 4:07 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

I am sure if you have the time and shop around you can probably furnish cheaper. However, the temptation is that all fixings are done for you, lights are fitted and you can just walk in and even the beds are made! Also I know from living here in my main home in UK if you don't get it all done in one hit you are forever buying and 'doing' in dribs and drabs.

Alan

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 4:24 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 4:45 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Oh go on Jan lets have a look you must have some piccies somewhere. I might be able to borrow a few ideas!

Alan

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 4:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
It was in our case.  We got it for free. (well, they stuck it somewhere in the house price, I know, but it felt free).

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 4:56 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 5:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Same with our new place, Jeansis.  They offered us the basic 3 bed package but we said we were bringing some of our own stuff so they are giving us a €2,500 furniture voucher and €1,800 white goods voucher.  The original package from Arca (via Atlas) was also very good for a holiday home, except the bed settee which we binned and bought a good quality cottage suite.  Everything else is "adequate" for our needs but wouldn't like to sleep/sit/eat off it on a permanent basis.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 5:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 10:10 PM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar

Hi Janice and all.

I am off to Spain on Monday to do a price comparison. As I am going to rent I have to look at more robust furniture etc but still with a good look and feel about it. I just feel that buying a package somehow adds about 30% to the price which can mount up to a lot. Also buying the whole package; furniture and everything down to the corkscrew you are going to pay somewhere down the line on something.

We shall see and I shall give you my report ha ha when I return in May, I think we all work to a budget of some description and you have to balance the ease of having it all done for you to doing it yourself and how much it costs in time and effort.

Well it will be soon time for a .......... or 3

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 7:23 PM by Erin Brokovich Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hello Everybody,

I know an independent interior designer which can make a package nice, personalised and good quality since 7500 € for a two bedrooms apartment and 11.000 for a three bedrooms. She chooses the items the best prices from different shops, not just from one, taking the best articles with lower prices. She is really good and you do not have to make all the effort. She prepares the brochures with your plan of your property, photos and prices and if you like it, she takes you to the shops to see the furniture and materials choosen so you can see what you will buy or not.

If you are interested and can give you her telephone number.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 7:26 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Which area is she in?

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 9:28 PM by Erin Brokovich Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Samson,

She is located at the Costa del Sol !

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 9:40 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 10:01 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts
MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA - 5 posts
Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x