Business Premises

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by SurveyScotland Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I would be grateful if anyone could provide some help? We are a UK based Chartered Surveying firm and we have been asked on many occasions to carry out surveys on properties in Spain for clients. We are looking to set up a small office in Spain to expand this further. Initially we are looking at an office in the area between Murcia and Cartagena but we will consider any viable location. We are finding it difficult to get details of available commercial premises to rent or lease. Are there any websites or agents anyone can suggest we try?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 6:41 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I have to question your timing as I think you have missed the boat as the market has slowed considerably - some would say ground to a halt!

Also there's no shortage of Chartered Surveyors in Spain (UK qualified) and most I believe don't even have permanent offices and just work from home etc as clients rarely visit them.

Also if you have to ask this type of question I would question how well you know the local market.

You need to consider the implications (licences etc) of establishing a business in Spain and the tax implications. I would be more inclined to suggest a local partnership and working with many of the Spanish architects etc - they will gladly sub-let office space and then you will be able to do more than just the standard UK type work ie if you are not intending to register with the local colegios and being able to speak and write reports in Spanish then you will not be able to do any reports for litigation etc. It's incredibly expensive to set up in a foreign jurisdiction and then to unravel if things don't work out. Also check out PI implications of establishing in Spain as I would imagine your PI insurer does not like Spain!!

But these are just my thoughts. Might I suggest you discuss with your country cousin Cambell Ferguson of Survey Spain - he might have some ideas and maybe I'm wrong and the market is buoyant?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 9:52 PM by SurveyScotland Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Faro, many thanks for your reply. 

We are fully aware of the market in Spain, as mentioned we already carry out Survey's in many areas.  As such, our PI cover already covers us for overseas operations and not just in Spain.

I do appreciate the advice regarding setting up in Spain but we have already investigated the pitfalls and are set to launch Survey Abroad in three different countries this year.  Our business model does not suffer from the slowing markets in Scotland or Spain at present.

I'm coming out in a few weeks to view some premises but just wondered if anyone could point us in the right direction for further opportunites.  You never know who might read a forum post and what surprising opportunities that may bring up.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 4:06 PM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Dear Survey Scotland,

Have a look at www.iqbusinessexchange.com, not exactly in the area you specified but not far up the coast, it might give you a different approach into the thinking of where to set up your business.

Kindest regards

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 5:39 PM by andy2704 Star rating in Sucina. 41 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Self promotion **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 17/03/2010.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 6:57 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

And if you need any staff im looking for work.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 2:34 PM by Surveyor Star rating in Estepona, Costa del .... 32 posts Send private message

Surveyor´s avatar

I've sent a private e-mail to SurveyScotland giving details of services.

For everybody else and in reply to Faro's comments, I provide the information below

We have now created the Survey Spain Network, which provides RICS chartered surveyor services from the Western  Portuguese Algarve all along the Costas and their hinterlands of Spain to the French border, plus the Balearic and Canary islands. All the surveyors are UK qualified, resident in Spain and have many years experience working in Spain on building surveys and/or valuations for private individuals, banks, investors, developers, etc. We are all independent of banks, solicitors, town halls, etc. All our work is covered by RICS compliant professional indemnity insurance and is subject to 'peer review'. 

We are independent, experienced, ethical and professional, acting 100% on behalf of our clients and shall be pleased to help any expatriates with all property matters.

www.surveyspain.com

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 2:38 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Survey Scotland - have you thought of locating yourselves a wee bit further north? 

Here in Orihuela Costa / Torrevieja there is a very large expat community and lots of vacant commercial units.  We have been very badly hit by the recession but we are seeing signs of an improvement and we are certainly selling more than just a few months ago.  We even have new developments being started which shows a degree of optimism for the future!

This area benefits from being between the two airports at Murcia and Alicante which makes it easier for non-resident owners and holiday-makers to visit.

My company don't do commercial units but there are many agencies in the area who do, so you should be able to find lots of suitable premises to look at.

Good luck with the venture!

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 6:25 PM by mcdona Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

bump

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 1:24 PM by daniel_white Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, i am located within a brand new business center on a busy urbanization in the murcia area.

The unit rental is a good price & includes internet, electric & signage.

Have a look at the website for more info: theworkplace.es

Daniel

This message was last edited by daniel_white on 17/04/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

eyespyspain@aweber.com - 47 posts
Gestoria / Asesor in Granada - 1 posts
Data Protection - 4 posts
water sealant - 7 posts
Laptop for sale - 0 posts
Help - Vodfone Dongle, SKY, Laptop, Skype etc - 3 posts
Recommendation for LOCKSMITH in CAPLE, Alicante - 0 posts
Spain Dreams, legit? - 1 posts
Hello from Ann Brown - 0 posts
Fun with Frank Worthington - 0 posts
Airport Parking Murcia - 14 posts
opening a bank account in spain - 6 posts
Kwiksave supermarket - 2 posts
Buying & Owning a car for a non-resident - 62 posts
Anybody Buying in St Javier area. - 1 posts
Kimo - 0 posts
Sun - 1 posts
prices in the local supermarket, APARTMENT IN BARCELONA CENTRE BY OWNER, food - 2 posts
washing machines - 3 posts
Floods in Manilva - 12 posts
Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x