Airport Parking Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by nickinthesunshine Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can I just tell every one about the new airport parking sT San Javier Airport Murcia.

I Have been hiring cars for the past 5 years and found last year so expensive I decided to buy a small car. I read an article about Plane Parking at San Javier Airport and decided to keep my car there. The cost was only €300 per year. The company is run by two English guys and I would like to let every one know what a wonderful service they provide, top marks to them. Every time I arrive my car is waiting at the airport (washed) and last time I was away they got my ITV done for me. Should of done this ages ago but was scared of all the paper work involved. I now have two guys who look after my car for me. Thanks a million.

Nicola

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 2:24 PM by jamesy Star rating in Pilar de la Horadada. 7 posts Send private message

I always use Seguro parking as they keep the car on a hard surface and undercover - so I don't get the stone chips and sun damage while my car is left there.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 3:36 PM by nickinthesunshine Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I looked at Seguro and what they offered to what you actually got was completely different. They do not have undercover parking. There parking facility is in the middle of nowhere with no alarm or security. I did not like the fact that they meet you at the airport and take your keys off of you, then drive to there compound and park my car. It took ages for them to let me view there compound, No wonder, what they claim in there adverts and on there website is a load of rubbish where as Plane Parking, you see where your car will be parked and I was impressed with the security hey have.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 6:29 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I'm looking for parking at the moment .

Nicola 'nickinthesunshine' says  'Plane Parking at San Javier Airport ...decided to keep my car there. The cost was only €300 per year' and  'I looked at Seguro and what they offered to what you actually got was completely different. They do not have undercover parking. There parking facility is in the middle of nowhere with no alarm or security.'

So i loooked at both websites.  Parking at Plane.es is 300p.a. for outside and 650 for undercover - so effectively the same as Seguro but with undercover being double that at Planeparking.  So i am still not sure what parking undercover Nicola has for 300pa.

Can anyone clarify, is there really no difference in cost between the 2 companies outdoor parking and what services are different - they look the same to me.

Thanks.

Jane

Like 0      
22 Mar 2010 7:25 PM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi, I have used Plane Parking and can agree totally with Nicola, the service was so good.  The reason I used Plane Parking and not Seguro was when you arrive at San Javier Plane Parking are there at arrivals and my clean car was waiting outside, they even helped me with my mountain of luggage, if I had used Seguro, they give you a parking ticket, you then have to pay for the parking and then have to get all your luggage over to the carpark by yourself, not good when you have small children and loads of luggage and if it's dark not good for a lone woman.  Prices were more or less the same so for the very good service there was no question on me choosing Plane Parking.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2010 7:32 PM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Sorry Jane ·"finca" re your question, I just called both places and Seguro do not have 12 month parking under cover, Plane Parking have not got undercover either but it's in the pipeline, but what they did say that if you provide a cover they will put it on for you every transfer.  Re the difference, Security is the biggest Plane Parking has alarm and CCTV linked to Police also it has staff there every day, the other very big thing is the brilliant service, you can't compare it.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:35 PM by colinb Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I am interested in this as well. What happens if you have flat tyres/battery which is my main concern? Do they check the car before you turn up to collect it?

Thanks

Colin

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 1:01 PM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Colin,

That's what I was worried about too, being by myself quite a lot of the time, they informed me that the day before im due in they check that the car starts as they have to clean it anyway and if there is a problem they have all the stuff needed to get it started also if it's something serious they get a mechanic out but they will alway inform you first. 

Kel

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:13 PM by Casa Connexions Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Self promotion **

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 4:38 PM by colinb Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Kel

Thanks for the reply. So who do you use and would you recommend them? Sounds like you would!

Regards

Colin

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 11:04 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Colin,

I have taken out a contract with Plane Parking, I bumped into a client of theirs who have been with them for 5 months and they told me that they are so happy with them, the brillianr service is the same everytime and also the staff there are mature and 2 of them are the owners which made them feel better that there was no boy racers driving their car.  Also a very interesting thing was that when Covera Airport opens they will have parking there too and they do a service for Alicante for a small charge too, this gives us more choice of flights etc.  So Colin I would choose Plane Parking if I were you, if you do let me know how you get on, im sure you will be happy.

Kel

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 1:23 PM by nickinthesunshine Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Colin

I too can reccommend Plane Parking. I have an annual contract with them and there service is outstanding. They are not just a parking company they also take care of your car. They got my car serviced and put it through the ITV whilst I was away. Saves all the bother when all I want when I am here is to enjoy myself, dont know how long this would of taken me to do as I dont know the procedures here. Let the Experts take care of it hey!!!!!

Regards

N

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 8:06 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for all the helpful posts.  Looking forward to using it already!

Jane

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 8:11 PM by colinb Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Nick and Kel for your help and info, very useful!

Colin

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:19 PM by yvonnebarton Star rating in Rickmansworth, Herts.... 27 posts Send private message

We have been using Plane Parking since the New Year.  Would highly recommend them.  Even when our flight was delayed getting into San Javier last month, they rang me on my mobile whilst stuck in England and reassured me they were keeping an eye on what was happening with our delayed flight but not to worry they would be at San Javier with our car no matter what time. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

opening a bank account in spain - 6 posts
Kwiksave supermarket - 2 posts
Buying & Owning a car for a non-resident - 62 posts
Anybody Buying in St Javier area. - 1 posts
Kimo - 0 posts
Sun - 1 posts
prices in the local supermarket, APARTMENT IN BARCELONA CENTRE BY OWNER, food - 2 posts
washing machines - 3 posts
Floods in Manilva - 12 posts
Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts
A resale purchase - 0 posts
Apple I Mac for Sale. 2 months old. - 1 posts
problem with powder coated railings - 1 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x