water sealant

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by steve123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

hi does anyone no the spanish name for water sealant  helps stop rain penetration, in the uk it is called thomson water sealant someone did put the name on eyeonspain but can not find it thanks

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 9:49 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Steve

Always helps if you say what part of Spain you have property.

I don't know the name of the product but if you go to a big paint shop like Pintura Andalucia they will tell you what the Spanish equivalent product is for the job you want to do etc

Alternatively if you are on CDS there is a UK builders merchant where you can actually buy all the UK products because sometimes the Spanish equivalent is not quite the same product as you're used to etc. I can't remember the name but they advertise in all the free Englsih papers.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 2:19 PM by tazwildman Star rating in Germany . 14 posts Send private message

the spainsh name is   Sellador De Agua

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 7:58 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I put this item in a previous post - about damp.  The product I have used, and it works well is this:-

The product is also by SISTA and is a clear liquid.  The tin has a product code called RUBSON IN2210 and states that it is "Invisible impermeablizante fachadas y tejados".  It can be applied by spraying / brushing into the exterior brickwork / facades and it does what it says on the tin.

I purchased this product in Leroy Merlin

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 12:08 AM by steve123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

thanks for the replys everyone steve............

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 10:08 AM by SteveandJane Star rating in Somerset and Corvera.... 481 posts Send private message

SteveandJane´s avatar

Does anybody know?

Would at tube of all-weather silicone sealant be viewed as 'liquid' at the airport and as such be confiscated from your hand luggage?

Steve (Lifestyler)

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 10:57 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Why take the risk just to save a few bob?  The stuff you get in the local hardware stores are no different than purchased in the Uk.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 2:35 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Yes, it would be classed as a liquid/gel and so you wouldn't be able to take more than 100ml in hand luggage. You would be able to pack in your suitcase/checked in luggage without having it confiscated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Laptop for sale - 0 posts
Help - Vodfone Dongle, SKY, Laptop, Skype etc - 3 posts
Recommendation for LOCKSMITH in CAPLE, Alicante - 0 posts
Spain Dreams, legit? - 1 posts
Hello from Ann Brown - 0 posts
Fun with Frank Worthington - 0 posts
Airport Parking Murcia - 14 posts
opening a bank account in spain - 6 posts
Kwiksave supermarket - 2 posts
Buying & Owning a car for a non-resident - 62 posts
Anybody Buying in St Javier area. - 1 posts
Kimo - 0 posts
Sun - 1 posts
prices in the local supermarket, APARTMENT IN BARCELONA CENTRE BY OWNER, food - 2 posts
washing machines - 3 posts
Floods in Manilva - 12 posts
Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x