Help - Vodfone Dongle, SKY, Laptop, Skype etc

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Help

Excuse my ignorance, nearly a "twirly" can anyone shed a light into a darkened room ! 

We will be living in Spain for 3 months and the owner of the property has offered us a Vodafone dongle for 49 Eu per month, but I think he said downloads are limited

We have SKY at home, but to save taking the box over, we want to know is it possible to watch SKY on a laptop using the dongle.

If it is possible, does this count as a download ?

We want to install SKYPE on the laptop,to keep in touch with family,  again is this counted as a download and charged  or would it come under the 49Eu per month banner ?

Apologies if the above doesn't read right !

Regards

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 10:08 PM by LadyV Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hello

I have a Vodafone dongle at 49e a month and you are limited to 5gig in downloads, otherwise i think you would be charged 20e per gig that you go over. I find the dongle fine to use for surfing the net etc and i think you would be OK for skype calls, but it would count as a download and be included in the 5 gig, obviously depends on how often and for how long you would phoning family, but 5 gig is quite alot to try and use in a month, so for this purpose I think you would be fine. As for watching sky via the laptop, I don't think this would be a goer to be honest, I sometimes listen to the radio via my dongle, but the gigs soon stack up even for a few hours, and also worth bearing in mind that the dongle is techincally just a mobile phone connection, and depending on where you are the signal quality can change, and means that everything moves a bit slower.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 10:41 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

If the apartment has an existing Sky connection then bring over your own Sky box but just do a Google search on the make of your Sky box as not all makes can receive the signal in Spain.To watch Sky tv over the internet would soon use up your 5gb allowance

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 12:07 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Any information that is viewed on the Internet is "downloaded" to your PC.

I have a lot of clients that wonder why they have reached their download limit when "they don't download music, movies etc"

Don't even try to watch TV or even listen to on-line radio if you have a limited monthly download.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Recommendation for LOCKSMITH in CAPLE, Alicante - 0 posts
Spain Dreams, legit? - 1 posts
Hello from Ann Brown - 0 posts
Fun with Frank Worthington - 0 posts
Airport Parking Murcia - 14 posts
opening a bank account in spain - 6 posts
Kwiksave supermarket - 2 posts
Buying & Owning a car for a non-resident - 62 posts
Anybody Buying in St Javier area. - 1 posts
Kimo - 0 posts
Sun - 1 posts
prices in the local supermarket, APARTMENT IN BARCELONA CENTRE BY OWNER, food - 2 posts
washing machines - 3 posts
Floods in Manilva - 12 posts
Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x