Cheapest beer in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

What's the cheapset beer people have found in Spamish shops/supermarkets?  This one from Lidl is the cheapest I have found.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 7:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I've just been looking on Eroski's website and the have an own brand beer called Aurum for 0.21 € for a 330ml can.  I haven't tried it yet so not sure what it tastes like.  Generally the supermarket own brand stuff is decent in Spain, so it should be fine.

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 8:46 PM by jaqib Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Can confirm Aurum from Eroski is a great beer, every bit as good as san miguel or cruzcampo, less than half the price. Been drinking it for two years now on recommendation of a neighbour/resident. And he was spot on, also if you catch the beer in a 40% Eroski sale you might get a 500ml tin for 19cent!!!

Cheaper than water!!!!

Happy days.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 8:52 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

But this is the reply I gave on your blog!?!?!?!?!

Eroski have an offer on Aurum which as we speak is less than 0.27€ per 500ml can!!!!!!

Which works out less than 0.54€ per litre... which is much cheaper than their litre bottles which cost 0.73€ per bottle.

And tis good stuff.... how do I know... cause am drinking it as we speak! 

I do remember Eroski's 40% sale last year... but seem to remember it was Aurum 33cl cans at 0.19€ per can, not the 50cl cans!?!?!?

However,even though Aurum is a good beer, it is no way near as good as San Miguel, CruzCampo or Mahou...

The best IMHO is Alhambra.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 01/03/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 9:15 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

Have you tried that finkbrau ? The chinese I use gives it away ,with takeaways!! I use it to top up fly traps.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 9:26 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Ah-ha!

That's what I used to drink before I topped up the fly traps!!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 11:39 AM by jaqib Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Your memory not so good techno, t'was defo the 500ml tin, as i will never forget the ickle local Spanish bar owner filling trolleys full of the stuff to punt on at a couple of euros a pint, I'm sure!!

Anyways I'll have my 2 cold tins of Aurum anyday whilst you run dry slugging your 1 'Label !! '

Cheers from a life-long suffering beer drinker.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 1:27 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I don't mind the Lidl Finkbrauto be honest.  I think Cruzcampo is pretty awful and San Miguel is not much better.  These are the only two beers that my locals serve, so I've started drinking more wine and cubatas when I'm out.  Mahou is quite nice and Alhambra Reserva is probably the best Spanish beer I've had so far.  But I think I'll stick to the cheap supermarket ones.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 2:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

For a ''no special occasion' type of beer... maybe say any day that has a 'Y' in it, then I drink Aurum... tis really good I tell ya's... but needs to be served chilled!

However, for special occasions... like weekends when the RBS 6 Nations is on, then I'm with Sanchez1... has to be Alhambra Reserva.

And if you need proof ... I will never forget Webisode 58 from the Siesta Show!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 4:45 PM by jaqib Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Will have to give the Alhambra reserva a go, but only for a 'Gers' or 'City' game, which is a special occasion, not that 'egg-chasing' lark!!!

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 8:10 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Carrefour have their own brand on offer at 17 cents a can and it is good with a good shelf life so fill yer boots.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 1:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Mercadona have an offer on their own brand beer at the moment.  It's not the cheapest, but one of the best own brands around.  More details here.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 1:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Mercadona have an offer on their own brand beer at the moment.  It's not the cheapest, but one of the best own brands around.  More details here.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 3:28 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

can you get a 'real ale' in Spain anywhere (perhaps in the cooler North?) or is it all lager?  I've never had a good ale in Spain, just refreshing good cold lagers that are great on a hot day, but no match in my opinion for something like Fullers ESP or one of loads of micro breweries in the UK selling supurb real ales. Perhaps a market not yet tapped? (excuse the pun).

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 9:43 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Due to the temperatures in Spain, real ale has never taken off due to the storage problems etc, hence the reason for the lager type beer being so prominent.  Mind you, they make some excellent ciders (sidra) in Spain.  Carrefour own brand dry cider is particularly nice on a hot day.

There is a real ale brewery in Almeria which is partly run by Brits (the Anglo Saxon brewery in Velez Rubio) but I would imagine the hops and barley are shipped in from UK.

Still, on the plus side, Guinness is widely available. 

Like 0      
16 Mar 2010 6:50 AM by themightykweeg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I have read your comments on Spanish beers and the truth is there are no decent beers in Spain unless they are imported. The majority have a high chemical content and are only palatable when heavily chilled removing all the taste. Budweiser is the same appaling if it becomes less chilled. Fullers tastes as though it is brewed by someone messing about with a home brew kit. Quite a number of uk brewers are producing summer ales which fall between bitter and lager , try and persuade someone to stock them or be forever condemed to imbibing Spanish chemicals in the disguise of 'beer'

Like 0      
16 Mar 2010 9:45 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

i thought that must be the case, but wasn't sure. Much as I prefer real ale in the UK, I've never had a problem with the Spanish lagers in the hot weather. I guess if the right sort of hops and barley are not local grown, real ale causes all sorts of extra problems and cost.

themightykweeg

I don't know what Fullers you've been drinking, but not the same one as me!  Not served much where I live these days, but the original London brewery used to produce fantastic ale. Might have changed hands or recipe's, or probably much more mass produced? if you've had a bad pint recently?

The micro brewery really seems to be popular in the UK. We have several around Northampton and two very local one's 'Nobby's ales''  and  'Frog Island'  who both produce award winning ale from an area only as big as a modest house.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2010 9:53 AM by madmax Star rating in Gran Alacant. 11 posts Send private message

Don't know why anyone drinks beer when cava is €1 a bottle

Like 0      
16 Mar 2010 10:15 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

cos they prefer beer?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 11:29 AM by J Johnson Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Can't beat a San Miguel at 80 cents a bottle!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to find the cheapest petrol/diesel prices in your area - 6 posts
Is there anyway the buyers can get out of the private contract to buy my house? - 2 posts
Car exchange - UK car for left hand drive spanish registered. - 1 posts
A picture paints thousand words...Chlilean Earthquake 27 Feb. - 3 posts
Babies & Tots Group - Villa Martin Area, Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Spanish recipes - 2 posts
Telefonica Wireless Ruter Inalambico - 9 posts
Malaga Appeal Court keeps favouring Consumers - 0 posts
help on finding pushbikes - 6 posts
New info-- zodiac villas - 0 posts
Banks chasing dept - 9 posts
Using a S.I.P. card while on holiday - 1 posts
Easyjet.Same flight different prices? - 5 posts
Visit - 6 posts
Work experience in restaurant - 0 posts
Liability for Community Fees - 3 posts
SEVILLANA - URGENT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
OPI RENTALS - 1 posts
awnings-toldos - 1 posts
MANILVE LIFE ?? - 1 posts
Repsol online gas bills - 1 posts
I need a quick sale for house in Vera Playa. - 1 posts
Returning to England due to sick father. Needs quick sale. - 0 posts
4 bedroom house for sale in Vera Playa, Almeria - 0 posts
Need to sell my Aunty's house quickly help! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x