Telefonica Wireless Ruter Inalambico

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi I was just woundering if anybody out there knows how to make this thing work. Cant get wireless bit to work adsl plug in is fine but wirerless bit no worky. HELP

Like 0      
27 Feb 2010 3:19 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is it a wireless router? Have you installed the cd that came with it? If not, don't.

Open your browser and type in http://192.168.1.1  If it asks for a username and password to log in try 1234 and 1234. From there on, you should be able to access the router configurations and they are in English.

I think you need something along the lines of Wireless LAN to click on, then activate a check box to enable it. Choose the security you want (WEP is already included and the code should be on the bottom of the router).

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 12:21 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

If the router is broadcasting then (assuming Windows Vista):

Before we start, look at the underneath of the Wireless Router and write down the following:

Identificador (SSID) - This should be WLAN_xx (where xx is a two digit Alphanumeric E.g. 19, 3C, BB. etc)

Clave - This is usually a 13 digit Alphanumeric password that allows you to connect to this routers Wireless Network.

Now:

Click on the start button and then click on control panel (bottom right on start panel)

In the Control Panel window, click on Network and Internet (middle left)

Now in the Network and Internet window, click on Connect to a Network (to the right, just under Network and Sharing Center)

You should now see a list of available Wireless Networks and this should include the WLAN_xx identification of your Wireless Router. Click on it to highlight it, then click on the Connect button (bottom right of window).

Enter the 13 digit Alpahnumeric password and click Connect to Network.

This will work every time on the proviso that the Telefonica Router is 'as out of the box'.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 1:55 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for replies but have followed what you have both sugested and computer is not seeing any wierless conection, this is with home comp and my laptop. However runs fine with cable pluged into modem and on to both computers!!!!!!!! Just opened box and touched nothing so am at a loss as to whats wrong, so if you tecys out there have any more ideas please feel free or am just going to ring telefonica on monday. So i would rather trust you than them.  Thanks for all your help i just have to keep taking the tablets.

PS        laptop has XP    tower has Vista.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 4:13 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

My Telefonica router is doing exactly the same and has been like this for the last two weeks. It just will not connect wireless. My main pc has internet using the cable pluuged into router but my laptop will not connect. Now it does not even recognise wireless connection. My daughter brought her laptop over from the uk last week and had the same problem except it would connect for about a minute then disconnect itself. begining to wonder is it a Telefonica problem.

I also have a friend who lives approx 1 mile away and the same has happened to him,

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 5:29 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We have a Telefónica Router Inalámbrico and our son's desktop (XP) doesn't connect wirelessly (but we think that's a software problem) and is connected by cable, but all other equipment (two laptops, another desktop (Mac), PS3, PSP, Wii, and iPhone ..... we really aren't geeks!!) all connect wirelessly with no problem.

Maybe it's a problem with your specific router?

PS  Have you tried the 'hard' reset - use a paperclip or something to reset to default (little hole next to antenna thing!!).  Just a thought!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 28/02/2010.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 6:18 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

solwayiceman:

If your laptop and/or PC are not seeing any wireless connections via the method I described earlier, then either the laptop and/or PC are too far away from the Wireless Router or the Wireless Router is either not broadcasting an SSID or has Wireless connectivity switched off.

Try sitting closer to the Wireless Router and then if still no go, we need to change a few things... In which case I will need to guide you through a few things... but let's try easier first... always better!

CrispyCod:

If this has happened during the last two weeks but all was well before... Make sure your PC and Laptop is switched off, then switch off the Router and leave it off for at least 5 mins... then switch it back on. Wait another 5 mins and then switch on your laptop.

Pitby:

Windows XP isn't as user friendly as Vista when connecting via Wireless and usually requires that all the driver software is loaded for the Wireless Card from the CD that came with the Wireless Card. You might also find, as most people do, that you need to configure the card with the software that came with the Wireless Card.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2010 10:34 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi you all well just to let you know i followed all your tips and am now cuddlig my modem to see if thats ok. Good news laptop now working fine wireless free, dont ask me why but all of a sudden am ok and its brill no wires anywere so the Mensab is happy with me,and its running XP. Still no joy with tower but running fine with cable, do i need to config as dosent see moden. One again thanks for all your help. 

Like 0      
08 Mar 2010 5:45 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

solwayiceman...

I know its a dumb question but ...is your tower actually wireless capable...does it have a wireless card?

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
11 Mar 2010 11:09 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

I had a problem using my new Telefonica wireless router, it worked fin with LAN cable connected & even showed wireless network available at 100% signal,  but wouldn't connect wirelessly. I was recommended to change the channel the router was using as other wireless equipement  (phone, digisender) may be interfering with it. I changed from channel 3 to channel 6 & it now works perfectly To do this:

Open your browser and type in http://192.168.1.1  If it asks for a username and password to log in try 1234 and 1234. From there on, you should be able to access the router configurations and they are in English. Choose wireless & amend channel setting. Thats it.

Mike

Michael Lord

www.HealthandBeautyAbroad.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Malaga Appeal Court keeps favouring Consumers - 0 posts
help on finding pushbikes - 6 posts
New info-- zodiac villas - 0 posts
Banks chasing dept - 9 posts
Using a S.I.P. card while on holiday - 1 posts
Easyjet.Same flight different prices? - 5 posts
Visit - 6 posts
Work experience in restaurant - 0 posts
Liability for Community Fees - 3 posts
SEVILLANA - URGENT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
OPI RENTALS - 1 posts
awnings-toldos - 1 posts
MANILVE LIFE ?? - 1 posts
Repsol online gas bills - 1 posts
I need a quick sale for house in Vera Playa. - 1 posts
Returning to England due to sick father. Needs quick sale. - 0 posts
4 bedroom house for sale in Vera Playa, Almeria - 0 posts
Need to sell my Aunty's house quickly help! - 0 posts
Roof tilers in Campodi Gibraltar area - 4 posts
shutters for living room window on Mar Menor 2 - 0 posts
Office Furniture For Sale - 2 posts
Developers Gurantee - 1 posts
Parking in Benidorm. - 3 posts
Message for Alex03 - 0 posts
Legal rights of a tenant in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x