Easyjet.Same flight different prices?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

I commute back to England every month.When I fly back to Spain in May I have got family coming back with me.(4 adults and 1 child)

While i was checking the flight prices I noticed the prices per person are dearer  if  there is a group of you travelling together.

For example anyone travelling alone pays about £8.00 less than  people travelling in a group on the same flight.

How can Easyjet charge a higher price  just because there are 5 people on the same booking?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Kev.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 5:49 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Cosmo

I hav'nt used Easy Jet for a long time, but I believe that the extra supplement could be to do with seating arrangements.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 8:59 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

I found this a couple of years back ands its actually to do with how many seats have sold for that flight. So if you book them one by one you may get to passenger number 4 and the flight price will go up.With the budget airlines the more people who book the dearer the flight gets.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 3:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Delete your cookies after booking each flight, too. Apparently they also track how often you check on certain flights - if you appear too keen, they bump the price up!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 8:57 PM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

as Samson said I think it has to do with cheaper seats being sold first i priced 4 seats then 5 it was more expensive for 5 by near to a tenner .

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 10:40 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Probably buying 4 at a cheaper price, then one at an increased price, would still be much less expensive than buying 5 together?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Visit - 6 posts
Work experience in restaurant - 0 posts
Liability for Community Fees - 3 posts
SEVILLANA - URGENT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
OPI RENTALS - 1 posts
awnings-toldos - 1 posts
MANILVE LIFE ?? - 1 posts
Repsol online gas bills - 1 posts
I need a quick sale for house in Vera Playa. - 1 posts
Returning to England due to sick father. Needs quick sale. - 0 posts
4 bedroom house for sale in Vera Playa, Almeria - 0 posts
Need to sell my Aunty's house quickly help! - 0 posts
Roof tilers in Campodi Gibraltar area - 4 posts
shutters for living room window on Mar Menor 2 - 0 posts
Office Furniture For Sale - 2 posts
Developers Gurantee - 1 posts
Parking in Benidorm. - 3 posts
Message for Alex03 - 0 posts
Legal rights of a tenant in Spain - 7 posts
Sky Tv - 4 posts
Checking for car fines - 0 posts
Buganvillas Sol Developer refuses to refund deposit - La Marina - 0 posts
what is position on tax when you sell - 8 posts
tax re diff between what was paid and his valuation - 3 posts
Iberdrola electricity tariffs - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x