Just arrived back from Spain and as everyone knows from different sources the building at OTCC has stopped
It is of course a personal decision, if you did not have a BG at ACC ,as to whether you are better off in Huma Indalo Sl or Huma Med
Many without a BG at ACC were advised that changing was the best option and are still being so advised, if the worst case scenario happens to Huma Med
The other option of going to court involved extensive costs and a long delay:- the local Judges have recently been on strike because of the lack of investment in the legal sytem and the delays getting longer and longer:- so the news on this front is not very good
Those with an ACC BG are in a nice situation and as any reader of this forum knows I did not have a ACC BG and my personal decision was to change to OTCC: no regrets
Getting a Licence of First Occupation on any dvelopment is always important
Now in Spain at the moment [ and Uk for that matter] many developments are being moth balled where they can
On developments part completed and part sold the financing banks are in many situations wanting the developers to finish them off : on the basis that the banks are better off having compeleted buildings as securirty instead of part finished and they will be in a good position when the recovery comes to sell
As you would expect it is very difficult to get from any company just now verified information of their current financial situation
This is an update I have had from several different sources.....and you can take or leave it!
Huma Indalo Sl is a seperate company with seperate financial arrangements
At OTCC they have sold or had reserved the majority of Manzana 1 to 6 :- mainly from buyers transferring from ACC but also some new buyers inc Dutch
The majority of the apartments phase 1 are new sales to the Dutch
The 'builder' has had financial problems and is not on site at present
Like many developers [ Huma Indalo SL] in this recession their bank is probably watching the situation very carefully and wanting to re negotiate the finance terms [ just read our news on this and Spain is no different]
So the information that Huma Indalo SL is bringing in a partner and re arranging the finance is probably a fair reflection of the situation
Just by bringing in a partner means that the finance will have to be re arranged
The general opinion is that everything will be sorted in February 2009 and Huma Indalo SL still maintain that they will comply with the contract date but the pool and green areas for Manz 1 -6 will be a little later
Everyone is always optimistic so I will be looking for positive information in March 2009
They will not be building the central facilities in the short term...which is a surpises to no one !
Now my date is May 2009 [ Manz1 Plot 11] with 2 months grace
No practical problem in finishing Manzana 1 in time but all of 2 to 6 may be a touch tight: relatively easy build but they will need to get going in February;- no shortgage of building workers!
I do not expect that the LFO will be issued by July 2009
To be frank the Huma Med situation is not relevant to me as I am not involved...unfortunately MCC buyers are not the only ones who have moved in without an LFO and now finding that the builder no longer wants to pay for their electric and water!!
It is now nearly 12 months since I changed over to OTCC and whilst I was worried then about the world economy it is now just ' very bad'
I would not now like to be still involved with ACC and paying out legal fees [ but see below!!]
It would have been great for OTCC to proceed without being affected in any way by the worst recession in living memory
But total number of sales and the fact that there are new ones to the Dutch is positive
So on balance it is worth being [ again] pragmatic and giving it time....in any case I am in a contract to end July 2009 so there is nothing I can do just now
Am I worried, not really at present but concerned:- but then I am concerned about any investment
The objective is to get a Tarifa built and owned as soon as possible and that is a more realistic prospect in February 2009 than it was in February 2008
Now for other information !!!
It has not been verified and JF may be the ideal person to find out for everyone from the Town Hall if this is true!!!...post a copy if you can get one
Apparently the building licence for ACC has now been granted....yes this has been around for a while!!!!
But if true in this recession a re start is circa 2 years away
Although for Huma Med it will be good news because ACC land etc is worth nothing without the licence but with it a valuable bit of real estate, which may ease Huma Med's financial position
Quite a lot of ACC > OTCC buyers are in the same position as me.....why not post your views