Could you support the "Red Arrows"?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

I just wanted to leave you, as I know there is a lot of British citizens in this forum a link that takes to a petition to the Government not to cut support for the Red Arrows Acrobatic Team...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

I wish I could do it but you see.... I´m Argentine.... so I can not...

Anyway, as a lover of aeroplanes...... I beg you to support the Red Arrows on my behalf, I can not conceive aviation without them.... those are very well spent taxes..... the Red Arrows have sold dozens of Hawk jets all over the world... and brought billions of Pounds to the British economy..... and will continue to do so with a bit of support from you guys..... also, the Red Arrows Team is at the end of the line.... a Front Line Squadron.. superb airmen..

Cheers,

Juan.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 9:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 10:57 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Me and mine signed too Juan, red arrows have flown over our home (very priveleged!) and seen them at mildenhall air show quite a few times Brill!!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:32 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Total support Juan

The Red arrows are based at San Javier in Murcia on the Mar Menor, not 10 minutes from my house in Spain.  We get treated to many practice flights all year round, and in fact I was watching a formation at 3 pm today whilst sat outside my local restaurant on the beach, in 23 degrees sunshine - fantastic!  sadly back in UK now.  Long may they fly!

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 8:46 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

ok, I know, I know.  I was very tired and couldn't tell RED from BLUE !!  Muy stupido - apologies to the RED ARROWS.

J

Jane

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 7:33 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Yep!

I signed it and a few more whilst I was there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 6:07 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I have just signed, saw this thread way down the list, let's bring it back to the top!

I often see them when in Costa Blanca, I have some photos of them performing over La Zenia beach, fantastic.

Well done Juan for bringing this to our attention!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 6:20 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Perhaps the members that already signed could post this link in other English forums where they might participate so the ammount of petitions becomes overwhelming...... I only participate in this forum in English. I´ve also sent the link to all British citizens in my contact list... perhaps, and being a "noble" cause, you could do the same?

Remember that if it wasn´t by guys like those, perhaps we would be having this conversation in a diferent language !!

And, you see.... as an Argentine I know how good those guys are....  and I had the pleasure to get aquainted with the Hawks of the 19th Squadron, based in Anglessey, Wales and also the fantastic training and simulation systems by BAE.... The Hawk is the advanced trainer of the USNAVY also.... with hundredds of units they call it "Goshawk" and the decission was made in close competition with other airplanes from all over the world. Those are and were thousands of millions of Pounds that Britain happily received. The Hawk is a beautiful airplane, it flies like a bird and can do almost anything...

Cheers,

Juan.

This message was last edited by Juan Pánzon on 2/15/2007.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 8:23 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Juan,

I am sending this link to all my e-mail contacts. i am sure they will al sign his petition, it is very worthwhile.

We can't lose such a brilliant team and the dedicated followers of it.

Let's keep this thread to the top of he list!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 9:01 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Same here, posting to all my email contacts as you say Fibby  very worthwhile,

Regards

Jill

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 9:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well done Jill B!

~Back to the top again!

Yeah....................

Come on all you EOS members, support Juan, let's keep his post top and keep the Red Arrows flying!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:20 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Just to keep this post up the line !

Juan.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 3:12 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

The petition is not closed yet, still time to put your signature to it!

BUMP TO THE TOP AGAIN!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 6:42 PM by Jenechka Star rating in London. 9 posts Send private message

I have signed the petition.  But are you sure these are the British Red Arrows in San Javier and not the Spanish equivalent as I was given to understand.  Why would they be based in Spain - maybe the good weather I suppose.  Anyone know for sure.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:01 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Crikey Jenechka,

You got me there for the minute! I doubted what I had signed for!

It is the British Red Arrows, as why would the petition be against the English Governements decision?

Juan posted the plea in the first place, please confirm what I think Juan!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:04 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I think the Spanish ones are blue but Juan will confirm for us

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:06 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Oh help - think this was my mistake!  Sorry Juan.

IT IS THE RED ARROWS IN THE UK

I was tired and thought Juan was referring to the Spanish Blue arrows based at San Javier.  He was not.

THIS ABOUT THE BRITISH RED ARROWS

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:14 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

It's ok Jane, you haven't done anything wrong!

It's just the question posted by Jenechka that has thrown us all.

Here is part of Juan's original post:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

I wish I could do it but you see.... I´m Argentine.... so I can not...

Anyway, as a lover of aeroplanes...... I beg you to support the Red Arrows on my behalf, I can not conceive aviation without them.... those are very well spent taxes..... the Red Arrows have sold dozens of Hawk jets all over the world... and brought billions of Pounds to the British economy..... and will continue to do so with a bit of support from you guys..... also, the Red Arrows Team is at the end of the line.... a Front Line Squadron.. superb airmen..

Cheers,

Juan.

So YES, it is the British Red Arrows!

Regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 9:25 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hello all,

I can confirm they are the Red Arrows, the Spanish acrobatic military team is called "Patrulla Flecha" and fly CASA´s 101, as opposite to the Red´s who fly the beautiful and fantastic BAE Hawk.

By the way, the Patrulla Flecha has a FANTASTIC landing manouvre that is the envy of lots of acrobatic team.... it is really a fantastic coordinated manoubre among 7 aeroplanes that turn into final in a difficult, no..... very dificcult "MOVE" that makes them touch down in formation at exactly the same time.  They are also VERY good. I will see if I can post you guys a link for a video of  this manouvre.

The Italian Team is the "Frecce Tricollore", the French are the "patrouille de France", the Rusians are the Russian Knights and...... last, but not least... La "Escuadrilla Cruz del Sur" of my beloved and brave Fuerza Aérea Argentina.

Cheeers,

Juan

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 9:41 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for clarifying that Juan, I am sure we would support any of those mentioned though.

You are certainly very knowledgeable about it all, I would love to see the video link please.

You are ex military? Please tell us about yourself, i would be really interested.

Thanks,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

VPO Can anyone Advise - 19 posts
Driving routes through France and Spain - 36 posts
We want your happy stories ONLY - 359 posts
Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x