Completion Works On New Developments

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Jerry Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

We are involved in a development where the common areas and site works such as landscaping and security arrangements have not been properly completed.    Short of taking  these things on ourselves and having to pay for them through our community costs, we are unclear as to how we can force the developer meet his obligations.   Our individual contracts cover items relating to the apartments and these are being dealt with even if it is reluctantly.   However the developer is making little or no attempt to finish the site works properly.    We were promised tropical gardens a secure site and a luxury complex - what we have received to date does not come close.   Any advise would be much appreciated on how we can force developer to sort out these vital issues.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 4:37 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"...We were promised tropical gardens a secure site and a luxury complex...."

Verbally, or is it written in the contract/memorias de calidades, and how specific is it? Who's definition of "secure" & "luxury" do you go by?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but we also expected a "garden", but got a dump. After 2 years of trying with the developer, we finally took our gardener's advice to install (at great expense to the community) an automatic irrigation system, and low & behold, we now have a reasnoable (if not perfect) lawn. Unfortunately for us, this rather served to suggest that the developer had in fact provided a "garden", we had just failed to "maintain" it, which was obviously our responsibilty, not the developer's.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 11:18 AM by phonehome Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

this is the same all over Spain,sorry but you have no chance but your not alone there are plently this has happen too,and you will not be the last,thats for sure.

i am sorry really i am

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 3:23 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
What development is it Jerry? Let other people know who might be thinking of buying there. Name and Shame...

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 4:18 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Same with us Jerry,

Our community had the expense of planting trees & shrubs also

Luckily, we have an Ex Bank Executive as our Presidente, so he spends our money wisely.

The builders in Spain, hardly ever complete the asthetics (cor, that's a big word for me on a Monday!)

Actually, the plants our community chose, where probobly a better choice than what the builder would have planted anyway.

Good luck with it all.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 9:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Aesthetics I think? Even on a Monday!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 12:55 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well I did try teacher..........!!!!

Weird, I used to get top marks in spelling at school.................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 1:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x