Mast for Broadband and Landline phones.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Does anyone have any information..............proven..............................about emissions from Broadband and Landline telephone mast?  Mast uses Motorola Canopy System and uses 5GHz banding.                     Have had reassurence that this is no danger to persons even in close proximity.....have research all over net, including World Health Organisation and can only fine one detrimental site but that is by a German Company who sell insulation stuff and measuring guns.

Just thought some forum member may have some knowledge of all this....................the Mast is a Community think for our Community and I wouldn't like it to become a problem.

Many thanks. Take care. Keep calm.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Someone must have a view on this subject at least!!!!!!!!!!!

I am desperate for a bit of help here...........................please........................pretty please.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

The only danger I can see is if there is a workman up the mast that can see me subathing in the nude on my terrace!

Sorry KarenSun, not hijacking your valid thread, just a jest, but will bring your query "to the top" and hopefully someone knowledgeable will respond.

Personally though, I do not think there is any danger to health unless it is a MOBILE transmitter.

I have not seen any docu

mented concerns about broadband or landline phone transmissions.

The question here is how the radio waves? are transmitted.

If it is in the same format as mobile phones, then maybe there is a concern?

Not sure, not an expert, just my thoughts.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 8:48 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Karensun, mobile phones work on RF radio waves but to my knowledge there is no known effect on humans (I am an engineer and geek so tend to know about these things).  They are a very strong type of wave which is why there used to be fears that they could crate a spark at petrol stations, but we now know that that's not the case.

I don't think you have anything to worry about but if you start growing any more arms or legs I would think it's probably a good time to move!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 10:45 AM by phonehome Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

i work for a company that has in the past used this moto stuff,and to be honest the only fear you should have is the guys

working on it watching you,but again these guys are harmless too

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 9:21 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks peoples, for your replies.    Personally, I am not at all concerned about the mast, but one other person seems to be and despite all the reassurances, doesn't seem to want to be reassured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mast is NOT a mobile phone mast, just uses the Motorola Canopy System ( 5GHz banding ) and is for broadband and landline phones.

If anyone else out there has any more info, I would be grateful to hear about it.   Thanks.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x