MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by chantelle010 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I am going to spain january the 14th with a trnasit van that is empty.

I am trying to cover some of the costs of the ferry and diesel.

FULL OR PART LOAD ( motorbikes,quads,pets or any goods i can carry)

i may also be able t give a lift to sombody with their goods so MAKE ME AN OFFER

So dont be shy just ontact me on: Spanish.610371109 or 616456044

English:07833363398

OR CONTACT ME ON THIS THREAD

Regards  Buffy

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 1:19 PM by pat and greg Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, we don't know if you have managed to get a load for your van yet, if not is Plymouth on your route? We require some flat packed furniture to be taken to the Malaga area. Contact number 01752 206496.

Regrds Pat and Greg Burley

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 7:12 PM by chantelle010 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

many thanks for your reply i will contact you tomorrow ( Monday) as we have no signal in the village today

regards chantelle010

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 8:32 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

Chantelle,I understand where you are coming from in trying to cover some of the ferry and fuel costs,but please be very careful taking anything back into the UK.The tobacco and drug barons thrive on guys like yourself and book in a couple of cubic metres to go back and the boxes could be full of cigarettes or worse drugs.

If you get stopped by Customs at the UK port,the first thing they ask you is what you are carrying and is it your own goods.If you say that it is your stuff and they search and find any contraband,you are in trouble.If you then try and say that it`s a customers or a friends,they will just say that 5 minutes ago you said it was your own.Having ascertained that you are carrying goods for someone else,you then fall into the trap of not being insured to carry goods for profit.

Also if you have an accident then the customers goods will not be insured and you could be faced with having to pay out a considerable sum of money to the person whose goods you are carrying.

If you do go ahead and take some stuff back,good luck to you but at least print out a document on Microsoft Word or something for the customer to sign and have them declare that they packed the boxes personally and that they contain no drugs,alcohol,tobacco,firearms or any illegal substance and make them put on a pick up address,delivery address and passport number..It will be the only protection you have should any of the above items be discovered if you get a search.

I`ve been doing this now for 8 years and have been searched many times by Customs and fortuneately never had any illegal goods onboard,but I am fairly vigilant on checking what goes on my lorry myself and have in fact refused to take stuff in the past because of bad vibes.I would rather not earn that bit of money than end up in handcuffs.

Please don`t think this is a sour grapes posting it`s not,I`m as busy as I want to be and my lorry is always pretty full if not completely full and I can take 59 m3.It`s a genuine warning to be careful when taking stuff back.

Just a couple of months ago an aquaintance of mine had his lorry impounded when it was found to have both cocaine and cannabis on board.

Good luck and most importantly have a safe trip.

Regards

Jimbo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts
Demonstration in Almeria City - 36 posts
Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts
Social activites for the kiddies - 0 posts
Wanted, childrens beds, cot bed, junior bed with mattreess - 0 posts
Honda Shuttle/Odessey 7 seater mpv people carrier 4x4 - 0 posts
opi rentals - 3 posts
How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts
Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts
Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x