Jerez Formula 1 testing in February

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

For all the F1 fans out there, testing at Jerez in February is from Monday 9 - Friday 13.

So far Renault, McLaren, Red Bull, Torro Rosso and Williams are confirmed to attend.  The other teams including Ferrari and Mercedes (previously Brawn GP) will be there in March (1 - 5 and 15 - 19).

It's €5 to get in and is open from 10am until 5pm.

See you there!!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 11:38 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks for that, Justin!

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 2:42 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Yep Thanks for that.

For once we will be over when this takes place, so something to look forward to.

Bob

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 3:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yup! We can't wait to go.

But when I update the calendar for 2010, as you get the calendar for 2009 as default at the moment because we are still in 2009, and then select F1-Testings for Category, the dates are:

Tuesday 10th - Saturday 13th Feb

and

Tuesday 17th - Saturday 20th Feb

Nothing for March from what I saw!

Hmm! Justin! Were you still on the old vino when you looked?

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 28/12/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 3:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Don't listen to me...the Ape's got it right!

Better cut down on the vino...

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 7:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't suppose there's any chance that they'll open any more areas to the public this year? And if I agree to pay double can they guarantee it won't p155 down on us again?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 7:51 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

would love to take my four year old little boy, do you think it would be advisable?

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 7:51 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

would love to take my four year old little boy, do you think it would be advisable?

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 8:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't see why not. Just try to pick a dry day! It's pretty miserable in the wet. And take your own sandwiches & drinks etc. - the limited catering facilities are naff.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Dec 2009 8:19 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Thank you Roberto, I have definately learn't about lack of suitable catering at events here in Spain.

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 11:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Your son will love it...the noise alone is to die for!

However, I think for a 4 year old I would probably think about taking ear plugs as the noise is ear-piercing.

Enjoy it.

Justin

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 4:34 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi Justin

Thanks for that, have already started looking for special kids ones.

Sam

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 5:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Actually, I found the noise to be far less than the "real" thing, since there's rarely more than a couple of cars out at any one time. But yes, with a little'un, better safe than sorry.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 7:54 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hope this embedded video works!!  This will give you an idea of the noise - I took this on my camera last year at Jerez.  As Roberto says, although the engines are really noisy, there are rarely more than two or three cars on the track at any time.  The video was taken from the main stand where most go to view.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2011 12:21 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

It's that time of year again!

Yup!

Everybody not directly involved with Formula 1 is now gearing up for the new 2011 F1 season, the reveals of the new cars, testing in Valencia, Jerez and Barcelona, then lastly Bahrain for the final testing and the first Grand Prix of the season.

Again this year I'm heading for Circuito de Jerez for the second round of F1 testing, which runs on the 10th -13th of February.

This year however, there will be something a little bit special at Jerez.... as Lewis Hamilton will have is first run on an F1 test track in the new McLaren MP4-26.

The new MP4-26 won't be unveiled until the 4th of February at Berlin, that's after the first round of testing in Valencia on 1st - 3rd of March, during which they will use last year's car.

So the first time any of us Petrol Heads will get a chance to see the new car in action will be.... the 10th of February at Circuito de Jerez, again it will have Hamilton at the wheel, as Button doesn't get his chance until the following day.

And Yes! I'm taking the Video Camera, so will do a short video and post a link on EOS showing the new car in action.

Here's an article revealing the McLaren F1 Testing Schedule.

Link for Formula 1 - The Official F1 Website

Link for Formula 1 Testing Venues and Dates

And for McLaren, Hamilton and Button fans (like me) ....

McLaren's Official Website

Lewis Hamilton Official Website

Jenson Button Official Website

Wow! Can't wait!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 23/01/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
23 Jan 2011 7:37 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Not sure if I'll bother - it's a shame they don't allow more access to other parts of the circuit. Viewing is a little restricted, I feel.

I see Mallorca is hoping to stage an F1 race, as early as 2012, possibly as a replacement for Valencia, which hasn't proved too popular. There's talk of building a new circuit at Llucmajor, which is a shame because when I lived there, I always thought Palma would make a great street circuit akin to Monaco - or at least that's what I used to think when chugging around town in my diesel Landcruiser!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 9:58 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, it's that time again.  Roberto, just listening to the cars is worth going up there for!

Some of us are planning to go up on the Friday (11th).  That's the day Button will be testing.

Looking forward to it....as long as the weather holds out.

Justin

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 9:27 AM by enelsol Star rating in Mijas Costa. 24 posts Send private message

enelsol´s avatar

Looks great - I will be there - a superb way of experiencing true F1 sensations without the crowds and sky high costs!

Paul

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 8:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yeah, well - not quite like the real thing, but yes, a damned site cheaper and less crowded. Enjoy!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 5:16 PM by DavidDB Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi everyone. 

I went to the Jerez tests 2 years ago and they were brilliant. It's your first chance to see all the new cars usually (although this year they have been to Valencia) but I guess with Lewis sticking his new McLaren on the tarmac next week it makes a trip worth it. 

Noise wise it's ok, so young families wont have to worry more than usual - always wear ear plugs if you are right next to the track! They can be long days so make sure you take some sandwhiches and any reading material between morning and afternoon testing. 

I can't make it this year, but if you have the chance to go, go! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts
Where to buy goods - 21 posts
MADRID TAPAS TOUR - 0 posts
Switzerland to Malaga - 0 posts
Goodbye to all......with a sad heart - 140 posts
mortgage approval - 6 posts
Temporary Car Swap - 0 posts
Web Camera - 0 posts
How Do You Delete A Blog? - 1 posts
Has the EOS webcam gone on holiday? - 6 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
Iberdola online registration probs - 7 posts
Will pay up to 25€ for a TV - 3 posts
Car Hire - Don't use HERTZ| - 4 posts
Christmas Holidays - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 50

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x