Reliable and fair Car Mechanic

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by sproggit Star rating in staffordshire. 7 posts Send private message

I'm just about to buy a car. Can anybody recommend English speaking mechanics who are good at their job and dont rip you off (suppose I'm cynical!!). I'm based in Sotogrande - so anywhere between Gibraltar to Estepona would be ok for us. Hope someone can help.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 11:49 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Thomas Lopez - the Ford garage in Manilva pueblo - they deal with all cars and are very reasonable.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 1:37 PM by sproggit Star rating in staffordshire. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you for letting me know... I will bear him in mind. A friend also mentioned a firm called English Mechanic, who have a garage at 

Nave Nº F9-Polígono industrial de Manilva

29691 Manilva,

Málaga

Autopista A7 Salida KM 142

(cut and pasted from their website)

Have you heard of them?

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 3:10 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Yes I have heard of them and I did in fact call them one day when I needed assistance with my car - I left a message on their ansafone but they didn't even return my call!

I then contacted Thomsa Lopez who were great - I can recommend them from personal experience. I do know a few people who have recommended the English Mechanic to me in the past but as I say I didn't bother with them as they couldn't be bothered to call me back!

I just hate bad customer service!

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 3:22 PM by sproggit Star rating in staffordshire. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for the information... much appreciated. I will try both lopez and English Mechanic in Manilva and compare their service.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 9:33 PM by sproggit Star rating in staffordshire. 7 posts Send private message

I spoke to the guys at English Mechanic in Manilva and they seemed very nice and helpful and were quite upset when I suggested that they had not replied to a message on their answerphone. They said they don't have an answerphone and have never had one so maybe you had phoned another firm with a similar name.

Like 0      
24 Dec 2009 3:43 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I personally know one the guys at English Mechanic and even though I haven't used their services yet, if I ever need a mechanic, then it will be my first stop!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Question for Maria - 5 posts
Lawyers fees - 4 posts
HEADING TRANSPORTING PETS TO SPAIN OR SPAIN TO THE UK - 1 posts
Tax Form 210 - 7 posts
300€ Banks? No Thanks! I will mind it - 6 posts
Jacqueline Heath; Pianist. A Real Star - 0 posts
Schools in Ourense, Galicia - 0 posts
Gas for Superser - 5 posts
iGuana-grill, El Rosario, Marbella - 0 posts
2 Bed 2 Bath Apartment, Altos de la Quinta II - 0 posts
new internet virus,please read this - 3 posts
Moving to Ciudad Quesada - 7 posts
BUSINESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
STOP SMOKING IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Spanish inheritance tax paid by UK citizens - 7 posts
What If the Unthinkable Happened? - 4 posts
What improvements would you like for EOS? - 10 posts
Spanish Economic Crisis - 22 posts
Greece in Trouble : Riots and 'Bankrupt' - 8 posts
El diario de un Perro... - 0 posts
canceling telefonica - 6 posts
Looking for Sid and Dot - 2 posts
JustAnswer.com - Is it a Scam? - 5 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 6 posts
Web designer Costa del Sol - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x