300€ Banks? No Thanks! I will mind it

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Here on Mediterranean Spain Bank account details and card information are being cloned on an epidemic scale. If some b****** accesses your account before you do the chances of recovery are virtually nil. The banks are not interested. It's your problem!

I will be hole-in-the-wall maxing 300€ today; more tomorrow. Far safer 'under my bed' than in the bank. I am keeping no more in the bank than is needed for direct debits; minimal.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
14 Dec 2009 10:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

With the way that the Spanish banks work it's never a good idea to leave too much money in your current account.  Under the bed does seem a better bet these days!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Dec 2009 12:28 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

I wonder why spanish authorities are oblivious to the plight of  victims of this kind of theft?  Why are UK banks more amenable to helping their clients?  It would be interesting to know, so at least victims know what action they can or can't take.

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

www.golfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Dec 2009 3:27 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

summer1010

with the Spanish courts bursting at the seems with cases of fraud and theft stretching out years, do you really need to ask that question?

Like 0      
14 Dec 2009 3:40 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

They're all on the same side and delving into the same pockets I am afraid. Complaining to the government is like telling a brothel's madam that you caught the clap off one of her girls. I just posted this, for a little insight:

No Wonder the Power Brokers are after Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez. Why can’t we do the same?

Venezuelan Bank Fraud Case: Three Executives Flee, Government Intervenes in Related Companies
The Public Prosecutor had already issued ten arrest warrants for banking executives and 19 prohibitions on leaving the country for involvement in organised crime and for banking law infractions.
Following the government’s nationalisation of two banks and liquidation of two others for banking law infractions, three bank executives fled to the U.S., and the government intervened in food companies owned by currently detained bank owner, Ricardo Fernandez.
Interior Relations Minister Tareck El Aissami announced on Tuesday that two Venezuelans implicated in the bank scandals flew to Atlanta, and one to Miami, and that a fourth person was captured while trying to board a plane to Miami

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 11:04 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

After reading the original post on this thread, I decided to contact my bank (Barclays Spain) to see what there policy was.  the confirmed to me that if there has been fraudulent activity on your account, they will refund the moeny to your account.

Mike, which banks refuse to refund money taken fraudulently?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2009 12:07 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I did that as well emailed Barclays and they said any fraudulent activity would be refunded.

So have that in  writing if anything was to happen.

Pat

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jacqueline Heath; Pianist. A Real Star - 0 posts
Schools in Ourense, Galicia - 0 posts
Gas for Superser - 5 posts
iGuana-grill, El Rosario, Marbella - 0 posts
2 Bed 2 Bath Apartment, Altos de la Quinta II - 0 posts
new internet virus,please read this - 3 posts
Moving to Ciudad Quesada - 7 posts
BUSINESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
STOP SMOKING IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Spanish inheritance tax paid by UK citizens - 7 posts
What If the Unthinkable Happened? - 4 posts
What improvements would you like for EOS? - 10 posts
Spanish Economic Crisis - 22 posts
Greece in Trouble : Riots and 'Bankrupt' - 8 posts
El diario de un Perro... - 0 posts
canceling telefonica - 6 posts
Looking for Sid and Dot - 2 posts
JustAnswer.com - Is it a Scam? - 5 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 6 posts
Web designer Costa del Sol - 5 posts
youtube - advice welcomed - 2 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 3 posts
New year´s eve in Spain - 2 posts
Rip-Off Short-Sighted Costa Blanca News - 2 posts
An Entertainment / What's On Thread? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x