christmas ,spain or uk

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

where do you like to spend christmas and why ?....christmas is not my favorite time of the year [for personal reasons] and i have mixed feelings as to where i prefer to be ,

Like 0      
06 Dec 2009 8:07 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

I'm in the UK for Christmas this year, wish I was in Spain. Would have gone if hadn't been for price of flights!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
06 Dec 2009 9:19 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have been in Spain for the last 2 years. The first year was pretty poor as we had only completed a week or so before. We had nothing in the apartment, no English tv and didn't know anyone. Last year, we went for drinks with some of the people on our urb and the Spanish singing Santas were around on Christmas Eve. This year we aren't going until 2nd Jan as the wife was supposed to be working between 27- 31st Dec, but now she has that time off and it is too expensive to change flights . We have made many more friends over this last year so are looking forward to the Spanish Xmas of 3 Kings instead .

Mark 

Like 0      
06 Dec 2009 9:29 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Wish I could spend Christmas in Spain and I wish I lived there. Sadly I don't. On a more positive note though I'm back to my apartment next April and it's only 20 days til Christmas!!!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
07 Dec 2009 7:32 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Our urbanisation is deserted at Christmas as is the town. We have spent many Christmas's in unusual places and a couple in Spain but  I prefer the northern European Christmas atmosphere although we do go to Spain  for New Year.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
07 Dec 2009 7:59 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Have a great time in Spain for new year. Wish I was coming with you!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
08 Dec 2009 5:15 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

The first 3 years we were in Spain about 14 of us had a BBQ on the beach on Christmas Day.

Arrived at the beach around 11am,set the fires going for the BBQ,cool boxes full of beer and wine(we did have 3 nominated drivers)

Played a bit of cricket,Scots versus Engish(We let you win LOL)

In general had a great day playing,eating and drinking until the Sun started to go down and then we returned back to one of the houses where we continued the party and the nominated drivers could then have a drink as well.

The weather had been good the first 3 years,but seems to have been a bit colder or windier since then and we have had smaller get togethers with friends.

I had too many cold winters and Christmases in Scotland to want to go back to them,I`ll stay in Spain !

Jimbo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Christmas Day Lunch Recommendations please! - 4 posts
is my polaris world contract legal - 1 posts
Puente de la Inmaculada - 3 posts
removals to and from spain in a transit van - 0 posts
transit van going to england early january - 0 posts
Queen Mary - 0 posts
Debtors without a Budget - 20 posts
Lookout! Lookout! I'm back from the UK - 14 posts
European Property Owners Day - 0 posts
Student's budget airline survey - 0 posts
Let's See If We Can Make a Connection? - 4 posts
registering for health care - 1 posts
signature color - 3 posts
One For Our Legal Expert? (Copyright) - 0 posts
Canarys tax laws - 0 posts
wanted single seater arm chair - 1 posts
1000 piece jigsaw puzzles - 0 posts
Looking for Winter Let - Feb to April - 5 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 7 posts
Gas cylinder Orange or Silver - 5 posts
editing a post - 2 posts
What channels can I get with a 1.4m dish - 4 posts
Coeliac Girl from Germany looking for spanish coeliac guest family!! - 0 posts
Poor Business Approach - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x