Let's See If We Can Make a Connection?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

1)   N332 Santa Pola, Guadamar, Torrevieja, Orihuela Costa: The roads are quiet, bars and restaurants deserted. Service sector businesses dropping shutters; shopping malls deserted. Many of them have just a quarter of their units open. In a Mercadona yesterday of about 12 check-out tills only one open. Urbanisations have ghost town sleepiness about them.

2)   Neither of the two serving international airports offers public transport along the coast. A cab from Alicante Airport will almost certainly cost more than the return air fare to the UK. Expect to pay 55€ to 70€ single to Torrevieja; cost to cab driver 10€. Murcia Airport fares are relative. Car hire prices have gone through the sun roof. To add insult to injury they rip you off with notorious petrol scams.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we later learn that part of Turkey Tourism’s budget is handed out in brown envelopes to the Costas’ tourism tsars. You would think the least they could do is officially twin Bodrum or Marmaris with Torrevieja; just to show Turkish gratitude for Costa idiocy.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 10:42 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Hi Mike

Where are you in Orihuela Costa? I have property in Playa Flamenca, next to the go karts.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 10:42 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

This message was last edited by Sunrise on 05/12/2009.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 11:05 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Hi Sunrise   ...   not far away; Up the road from P.F town hall  ...   about 200 metresshort of The Celtic Isle :o)

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 12:28 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Our place is near the Irish bar and Chinese in Market Street. So handy for everything. I agree it is very quiet at the moment. We came back on Monday. I can't understand how the shops keep going and no price reductions! Its like the Spanish have hidden their heads in the sand over the financial crisis, Kevin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

registering for health care - 1 posts
signature color - 3 posts
One For Our Legal Expert? (Copyright) - 0 posts
Canarys tax laws - 0 posts
wanted single seater arm chair - 1 posts
1000 piece jigsaw puzzles - 0 posts
Looking for Winter Let - Feb to April - 5 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 7 posts
Gas cylinder Orange or Silver - 5 posts
editing a post - 2 posts
What channels can I get with a 1.4m dish - 4 posts
Coeliac Girl from Germany looking for spanish coeliac guest family!! - 0 posts
Poor Business Approach - 1 posts
Walking group Southern Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Spanish translation question - 2 posts
online doctors appointment - 8 posts
costs england ,spain - 18 posts
Box Framed Clarice Cliff Plate & certificate - 0 posts
Using a JetSki in Spain - 1 posts
Moblile switched off - 5 posts
White Whale companies lifted from judge control - 3 posts
I can not be bothered with EOS anymore ! - 51 posts
Problems With Skype - 11 posts
Are Newspapers Soon to be History? - 2 posts
Searching for a contact number - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x