Certificate of Second Occupancy (cedula)?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by Superpot Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give us some advice regarding a cedula?

We bought our property approx 12 months ago and all seemed to be fine until we went to see about having the water bill changed to our name.

The Aguagest comapny said we needed a certificate of 2nd occupany from the council so we went along and the council gave us a paper to go to the bank to pay 92 euros for the certificate which we did the very next day and they also wanted proof of the suma taxes had been paid whiuch again we provided them immediately. (we had already paid aguagest 60 euros for changing bill to our name)

Next thing is as we thought they would simply issue the cedula but oh no they came along to see if the place was habitable! then changed the goalposts to say we had various "illegal" parts of the property which needed a building license for!?!?

We know the property was constructed in 1998 and a cedula isseud to the previous owners and all the work was done at the same time as per dated photos and the words of the previous owners and the neighbors.

The escritura clearly states the correct vivienda and parcela at the time of purchase and all was in order otherwise the bank would not have put our mortgage into place.

I know the statute of limitations is 4 1\2 years and therefore don't see how a council can insist on licenses for work which in my opinion has already been passed of by themselves some years previously?

It looks to me like the yare blackmailing us into paying for licenses which are not required but would welcome any advice on the dileamma we face.

kindest regards,

Jeff

This message was last edited by Superpot on 28/11/2009.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2009 7:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I do not  know what a certificate of second occupancy is...

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 12:11 PM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

Hi,

Please click onto the general discussions, general chit chat, renewal of certificate of Occupation. This is a problem I have anticipated. Do you live in Andalucia or Valencia by any chance?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where would you consider escaping to? - 24 posts
How do I set up a Webcam. - 4 posts
Of Geese and Golden Eggs - 1 posts
pregantcy in spain question?? - 2 posts
Wooden sheds - 9 posts
Teleast- Beware - 1 posts
Are things turning around? - 4 posts
beware!!! this could happen to you!! - 1 posts
FOR SALE - return MONARCH flights Manchester - Murcia - 0 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS ALICANTE - 0 posts
Little Tikes Roadster Toddler Bed - Boys - 1 posts
community agm - 8 posts
Non-Resident taxes - 13 posts
Single LNB to dual LNB - 6 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 0 posts
The power of prayer - 22 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 7 posts
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP - NO BANK GUARANTEES - 6 posts
Disney World Spain?? - 13 posts
Vauxhall Combo Crew Van for sale - 3 posts
Spanglish and Pidgin English Won't Do - 10 posts
Costa Blanca News (What's Not On) - 0 posts
Sunrise - 9 posts
New Sky+ HD EPG comes to Amstrad boxes - 3 posts
Soccer in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x