New Sky+ HD EPG comes to Amstrad boxes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Sky has started rolling out its new electronic programme guide to all Sky+ HD customers with set top boxes manufactured by Amstrad. It is expected to take a couple of weeks to send the update to all boxes.

At the start of November, the satellite platform holder began implementing the new EPG for all subscribers with Samsung boxes.

The process has now shifted to Amstrad receivers, with Sky sending warning emails to all affected customers in advance of the rollout.

So with Thompsons and Paces having the New EPG from as early as March, all Sky HD receivers will now hav the new HD EPG.

A demo of the EPG is also available in Sky Anytime for any subscribers still waiting to receive it.

Many people have been complaining about the time it has taken Sky to bring the new EPG to Sky+ HD customers with Samsung and Amstrad boxes, as the process began in March for all Thompson receivers.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 9:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I thought HD boxes were only limited to Thomson and Pace units? That said, we have had the new EPG for some time now and it took some getting used to. Still can't always find tings easily when I want them!! I still enjoy using the old EPG on our old Panasonic bog standard box when in Spain though

Mark

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 10:03 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I thought HD boxes were only limited to Thomson and Pace units?

As they say you learn something every day....

4 sky HD boxes: Amstrad, Pace, Thonsons, Samsungs.

I prefer the Paces myself - slightly faster and better performing tuner....

And I too still cant get used to the new EPG - takes a while to know all the key presses for it....

Basic or Sky+ boxes will not be getting anything new...they just do not have the onboard memory capacity to handle the new EPG....infact some older sky boxes were built only for 200-300 channels not the 500 plus available today!!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 10:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

infact some older sky boxes were built only for 200-300 channels not the 500 plus available today!!

My first box (Amstrad) only had 12 channels , I then upgraded to a box (Amstrad again) with 48 channels .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Soccer in Spain - 2 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - still in business? - 5 posts
modelo21 - 1 posts
Alamanzora country club - 3 posts
New :) - 0 posts
Taxis in Aspe Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelling Flights - Gatwick - 16 posts
College students in Spain/college aged students - 0 posts
Moving to Galicia - 3 posts
Los programas favoritos en Espana - 1 posts
Lawyer in Mojacar area - 4 posts
Estudiante de espanol - 0 posts
Oasis Thabernax Country Club [ Tabernas] - 5 posts
ceiling fans - 2 posts
Has anyone seen this before... - 20 posts
ready now - 0 posts
FOR SALE: SAAB 900 CONVERTIBLE - 0 posts
Mar Menor 2 Wardrobes - 2 posts
RUSHCLIFFE- were are you???? - 1 posts
Paypal Setting Up. Any Tips? - 9 posts
Another La Renta question - 0 posts
La Semana Santa en Sevilla - 0 posts
Spanish bull fighting - 74 posts
Spanish holidays - 0 posts
Question about Spain, Need some help! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x