Are things turning around?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by annoyed_in_spain Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi All,

It wasn't too long ago that all I ever read about Bank Guarantees was bad and very negative. But now there seems to be success story after success story. Is this just coincidence or are things actually improving? If so is this due to the great work by lawyers such as Maria de Castro or are the courts themselves starting to recognise the legality of them?

Cheers,

AIS

Like 0      
27 Nov 2009 3:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

There are some major changes happening in Spain at the moment,new laws are actually being implemented..........

Like 0      
27 Nov 2009 9:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think yes and no.  I think what we are seeing is that as court cases seem to take several years to actual happen then maybe we are only just starting to see the results from those, although they are not always positive.

I would like to think that things are turning around but more evidence is still required I think.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Nov 2009 10:04 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

These 'major changes  will have to produce a widespread flood of 'sucess stories' before you can expect a renewed confidence in the Spanish property market.

The tenacity of lawyers such as Maria and her Team is undoubtedly producing results and for that they are to be congratulated,but there are thousands of people still caught up in hundreds  of  property scandals along the Costas and until those people see justice, then the bad publicity will not go away.

Until the Spanish government and  banks acknowledge this and stop trying to sweep it under the carpet or ride rough shod over people's lives then the industry seems destined for quite a few more years of turmoil.

Making  more laws is useless if like the previous ones they are simply ignored. By everyone - including the judges. 

Like 0      
28 Nov 2009 5:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I do think they are... in slow motion, but they are.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

beware!!! this could happen to you!! - 1 posts
FOR SALE - return MONARCH flights Manchester - Murcia - 0 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS ALICANTE - 0 posts
Little Tikes Roadster Toddler Bed - Boys - 1 posts
community agm - 8 posts
Non-Resident taxes - 13 posts
Single LNB to dual LNB - 6 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 0 posts
The power of prayer - 22 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 7 posts
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP - NO BANK GUARANTEES - 6 posts
Disney World Spain?? - 13 posts
Vauxhall Combo Crew Van for sale - 3 posts
Spanglish and Pidgin English Won't Do - 10 posts
Costa Blanca News (What's Not On) - 0 posts
Sunrise - 9 posts
New Sky+ HD EPG comes to Amstrad boxes - 3 posts
Soccer in Spain - 2 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - still in business? - 5 posts
modelo21 - 1 posts
Alamanzora country club - 3 posts
New :) - 0 posts
Taxis in Aspe Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelling Flights - Gatwick - 16 posts
College students in Spain/college aged students - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x