Has anyone seen this before...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I never really get involved in projects that are not on my radar but i have been asked to represent this company on some of their projects in the Caribeann.

I am the biggest sceptic of all but as much as i have tried i cannot find any dirt on them.

I wondered if anyone had come across them before of has found any skeletons lingering in any closets.

I am very tempted myself with this personally but my cynical side keeps kicking in. 

http://www.harlequinproperty.co.uk/includes/developments/developments.php

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2009 8:22 PM by roybud Star rating in UK. 36 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia

I was looking at this company at a property show recently and my initial thought was it looks too good to be true. I have to say I cannot figure out how they can offer what they are offering in rental guarantees etc. Their projects look really good but are you aware they have not started building anything yet? It seems they have been selling for a couple of years and taking deposits that they are presumably going to use to start building. But one has to ask how they can afford such huge stands at the exhibitions and such glossy brochures, is it the same old story? The question is will they be able to complete all the projects? I read in another forum that there are people who paid deposits a couple of years ago who are starting to get nervous. Their projects look hugely ambitious and although they have some big names associated with them, if they are going to pull it off they have to keep selling and taking deposits. I would look very closely at them before you commit to working with them if you value your reputation.

Roy

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 9:50 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Roybud,

This was totally my reaction regarding too good to be true...

It took at least a week to sink in but, and its a big but,if they build out it will be fantastic.

They have nearly finished one of their developments, i have posted a link to it below.

http://www.harlequinproperty.co.uk/includes/developments/buccamentbay/siteview/091014a.jpg

I am still not sure about them, lots more due dilligence to do yet.

Thanks

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 11:13 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Re: Picture link. 

Thats doesn't look like a 'New Development' to me.   Look at the roof tiles they have been round a few years.

Soz but i have a built in 'Bah Humbug' reaction to these off plan goose with the golden egg schemes.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 11:34 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

TP1,

I am always sceptical but in saying that, i have seen a lot of money made over the years on similar schemes,it's generally about timing.

Unfortunately i have never been brave enough to take the gamble.

I have googled and asked friends in the trade both here and in London about this developer..........i have come to the conclusion that he is either very good at PR or it could be quite interesting.

I guess we won't know for a few years when the brave either made serious money or are on "eye on St Lucia"!!

I will continue to try and find some dirt......

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 11:40 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Georgia

I googled the meaning Harlequin.......................

Definitions of harlequin

1. [n] - a clown or buffoon

Are they making clowns of the punters?

Think on!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 1:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I know Liverpool FC are involved so you could be right about the clown side of things.....

I am still intrigued though...

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 5:28 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia,

Have you googled Harlequin property scam.  It might not have anything to do with them but I would be very careful.

It might be worth researching on legal sites.

Pat  

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 6:15 PM by roybud Star rating in UK. 36 posts Send private message

Georgia, the picture link you posted I am certain is a CGI, they definately have not finished a resort to that stage. As you say, if they manage to pull this off then it could be fantastic for the early investors but my gut instinct, and I generally always go on gut instinct, says they are being too ambitious and don't have the ability (or finances) to complete such ambitious plans. If they get one resort finished that would be a result. I wait to be proved wrong!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2009 12:07 AM by Allanel Star rating in Humberston y Forment.... 38 posts Send private message

On first sight of the picture,  the reflections in the water do not match the image above. It

is not a photograph.  More an 'artist's impression'.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2009 12:41 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

That is so obviously not a real picture, the buildings have clearly been superimposed. If this company are claiming it to be genuine then they must be dodgy!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 Dec 2009 8:05 AM by didlydoo Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM **

Like 0      
12 Dec 2009 4:22 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Try looking on Fraudwatchers dot org. This site lists loads of scams that are out there in the wide wide world.  You can register for free and ask your question on there. I'm sure that you will get an answer one way or 'tother.  Good luck!!

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 12/12/2009.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 11:07 AM by simonet68 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising- Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/3/2013 5:17:00 PM.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 11:16 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

Serious Fraud Office are investigating them .....

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/2250222/sfo-called-in-to-investigate-harlequin-property-reports

Would have been nice, but don't do it Georgia!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 12:50 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

04 Mar 2013 5:11 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I could not believe that I got notified of a reply to this thread it is nearly 4 years old.

But see it is still going on Georgia you didn't did you?

Patricia  

Like 0      
07 May 2013 4:32 AM by ineedahotdog Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

If you are interested in purchasing property outside of your native country, I suggest you check out International Living. I first attended one of their conferences five years ago, and was able to take a property tour along the Yucatan peninsula's Caribbean coast (Playa del Carmen, Mexico to Corazol, Belize), and felt comfortable enough to put down a deposit on a beach-front home in a Belizean gated community (Orchid Bay Belize).  Since my "casita" was built, it rented it out enough to cover the HOA fees and insurance.

I've attended 4 IL conferences (2 in Las Vegas, 1 in Cancun, Mexico and 1 in Quito, Equador) and several "Chill Weekends" to check out potential properties.

Currently, I'm planning to purchase a vacation home in or near Marbella, Spain. I'd visited and knew about the beauty and culture of southern Spain, but if it weren't for International Living, I would not have been aware of the value of purchasing property in Spain. I've had a good experience with this organization. Check out their website and let me know if you have any questions. I plan to attend their "Ultimate Event" in Playa del Carmen in a few weeks and find out about other potential properties.

For me, this is a vacation/retirement plan. The attendees of the IL conferences typically are looking for investment property, vacation property, retirement property or a new life. Most attendees are from the US and Canada, but I believe anyone interested in finding that special place could benefit from attending.  Personally, my goal is to have a choice of places to escape to.

Life is good, and there are so many great places to travel to. I can't wait to spend more time in Spain.

Like 0      
07 May 2013 9:19 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

No Pat,I didn't!!

Did a bit of digging and didn't like what i saw...looked fantastic but i have developed a sixth sense over the years.

Like 0      
07 May 2013 11:59 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes you and me both. Would not touch it with a barge pole!  Hope you are okay?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ready now - 0 posts
FOR SALE: SAAB 900 CONVERTIBLE - 0 posts
Mar Menor 2 Wardrobes - 2 posts
RUSHCLIFFE- were are you???? - 1 posts
Paypal Setting Up. Any Tips? - 9 posts
Another La Renta question - 0 posts
La Semana Santa en Sevilla - 0 posts
Spanish bull fighting - 74 posts
Spanish holidays - 0 posts
Question about Spain, Need some help! - 0 posts
postres en Espana - 0 posts
Scooter For Sale - 0 posts
Navidad - 0 posts
Cheap travelling to Spain - 0 posts
CGT for non-residents - 1 posts
I want to transport my dogs from UK to Spain - 5 posts
Hola a todos en este foro. Mi nombre es Sunrise. He estado en los Eye On Spain durante casi tres meses! - 0 posts
Can anyone recomend small part load deliveries to Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Joint property ownership - 0 posts
Driving Back to the UK?? - 11 posts
Land status validation - 4 posts
Congratualtions! - 10 posts
Life insurance is crippling me - 5 posts
5 month let required - 4 posts
dacion en pago - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x