Radio Stations (Costa Blanca)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

The Costa's radio stations seem to pump out a constant stream of 'pop' music of a kind one normally associates with cheap bars. You switch on, you channel change but on each station the music is exactly the same. Only when the presenter comes in do you know which station it is. That is choice of radio station. It is not choice of music.

All I want is some entertaining guests of real character and experience; thought provoking interludes, music with broad appeal. A radio station that explores, inspires; has a broad range format.

One gets the feeling that if radio stations were people they would all be wearing trainers and trackies; all tattooed and shaven-headed. What about easy listening; light classical   ...   music professionals who rather than strum can actually read music? Musicians who know that a piano has a keyboard and that Beethoven is a composer and not a dog. Can anyone suggest a radio station here on the Costa Blanca that does cater for the more discerning over-forties? Cheers.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 7:58 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

hi mike [ we met at guadalest], i was fedup with what i was listening to so i now listen to online radio stations

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 9:24 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Yes, I remember! A nice day that was   ...   your recommendation to listen to online radio stations was echoed by expat spain forum so that's the route I will be taking. The southern Costa Blanca is really Hicksville; culturally dumbed down teritory  :o(   lol

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
16 Nov 2009 12:59 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

i think dumbed is a word you can use for a lot of things in spain

Like 0      
16 Nov 2009 4:01 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

REM Talk radio is one of my favs........very intelectual arguments and discussions.....not a lot of music though.

TKO Gold for the over 40's for 50's 60's and 70's music..........

sorry don't know the wavelenghts,on preset in the car and office.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2009 2:07 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Try listening to 108 fm Harmony FM there are no DJs and the music is not al pop

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2009 4:02 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Plenty of choice if you have a satellite dish - you can listen to all your fave Brit radio + loads of others.  Sorry can't help with in car entertainment

Like 0      
17 Nov 2009 5:16 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

hi

costa blanca radio is good if you can tune into that. not sure what is though. i'll find out

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
17 Nov 2009 6:00 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I love Sunshine FM

I also love Jimbofinn's avatar, wicked!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Nov 2009 7:20 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Yes I have to agree Sunshine FM is great!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Baby Boys clothes - 0 posts
Compulsory Holiday Home Purchase??? - 4 posts
Advise on moving to Spain are moving to England - 3 posts
moving furniture to Murcia - 0 posts
Google Street View - 13 posts
Permission to change Rustic land to residential land - 4 posts
Yet Another Endesa Thread....! - 4 posts
purchase of new 3 bedroom appt - 5 posts
polar airr - 5 posts
I B I Taxes - 2 posts
El matrimonio en Espana - 2 posts
The Final Move - 41 posts
DO YOU NEED TRANSPORT TO SPAIN FROM THE UK OR BACK FROM SPAIN TO THE UK - 2 posts
Any lady golfers out there? - 2 posts
Hola! - 5 posts
just a little warning on window tint and ITV - 23 posts
Charging to make contact with EOS, whatever next? - 1 posts
smoking banned inside at end of the year! - 61 posts
How do you remove old posts from community forums? - 4 posts
Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x