How do you remove old posts from community forums?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by Alteapair Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

We keep getting emails from people about old stuff that is no longer relevant or no longer true. eyeonspain wants €9 to ask a question, so we thought we'd ask the general forum first as we can't find any button here for this.

Many thanks

Alteapair

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 4:05 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

eyeonspain wants €9 to ask a question

Is this something new? Never heard of EOs asking for payment to send a question

The only way to delete a post is for a moderator or admin to do it. Whether it is relevant or not may be a matter for them to decide as sometimes if a post goes missing the whole thread loses track. My guess would be to email Justin and explain your reasons to see if he thinks it is justifiable.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 4:08 PM by Alteapair Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thx Mark - do you have Justin's email address - nothing in the contact us page which is where they ask for €9 if what you want isn't in the FAQ's

Cheers

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 4:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Personally I think that is VERY naughty and if that is what they are now doing, should be ashamed of themselves, especially without even anouncing it to the forum. I will PM you the info I have.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 7:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Alteapair, you have just proved the worth of our contact us system.

This question you are asking may be of interest to others so it's better to post it here than to email us directly, that way others can see the answer too.

In answer to your question, you cannot do it yourself.

If the threads were started by yourself then we can delete them for you.  If they were started by someone else you would need to get their permission first and ask them to send us a technical help contact request (which is free) to remove their thread.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts
Marks & Spencer - 12 posts
What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts
Driving to Spain for Xmas - 4 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 1 posts
Switching to interest only mortgage - 3 posts
Thanks, Justin! (for Chickens) - 4 posts
WiFi hotspots - 12 posts
15 years for a claim - 0 posts
Bankers Guarantee with Polaris World. - 22 posts
Calling an EGM - 4 posts
Keeping order on a Community - 6 posts
ID cards for non-Spaniards? - 5 posts
Personal Trainer - 2 posts
Techo Sobrante - 5 posts
CAR FOR SALE: Renault Megane Diesel. Automatic. - 2 posts
Why ?? ?? - 40 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x