Forum signature policy change - PLEASE READ

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We have always been very flexible with the use of signatures on the forums.  Many people use them to advertise their businesses and as long as they are providing useful advice and information then that's fine.

However, this is getting more abused by the day with some signatures considerably bigger than the actual posts that some users make.

To bring some structure and organisation to the use of the forum signature as of next Monday, 12 October, all signatures must comply to the following rules:

1. For members with less than 200 posts, signatures will be limited to a maximum of 75 characters and no hyperlinks will be permitted.  The signatures will be able to display a web address, they just won't be clickable.

2. For members with more than 200 posts, signatures will be limited to a maximum of 150 characters and they will be allowed to include hyperlinks.

Next Monday our system will automatically check existing signatures to see if they comply with these new rules.  If any signature is found not to comply it will be automatically deleted.  In this case you would have to go and enter a new compliant signature.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Justin

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/10/2009.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 6:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just thought i'd bump this as I missed it and others may have too.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 7:04 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Slightly off-topic, when are members allowed to show an avatar please?  I did try to download one when I joined the site, without success, so I assumed that perhaps a number of posts were required before an avatar would be permitted.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 7:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Justin

Does the 150 include spaces or not? I am trimming my signature to comply and have 147 without spaces, but 172 with!

merrylegs

No posting limit for an avatar (as far as I am aware), but it does have to be a certain size (in pixels) and below  a certain file size.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 8:39 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

being computer useless! how does one add a signature?

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 8:51 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

advisor, you have a signature!!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2009 10:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark

The 150 limit includes spaces.  However, for existing signatures we'll adjust our program to not count the spaces so you should be ok.

Merrylegs, you can upload an avatar in your profile here.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2009 7:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for the clarification, i'll adjust mine now

Mark

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 11:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just to let everyone know that we've been having some problems with the server over the past few days so we won't be implementing this signature change until tomorrow.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 3:42 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......only 'cos you are driving around in your new Lambo'

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 3:51 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Just posting to see if my avatar upload worked.....

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 3:54 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

13 Oct 2009 6:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Vivki, email it to use to info@ and we'll upload it for you if you want.

Justin

Like 0      
14 Oct 2009 6:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The new forum signature algorithm is now fully functional on the site.  Existing signatures that have not met the new guidelines have been automtically cropped or adjusted to fit.

As this has been an automatic process you may wish to go in to your forum profile and alter your new signature.

I hope that this change will yield a better user experience on the website for our regular users and visitors.

Justin

Like 0      
15 Oct 2009 10:47 PM by Abolex Star rating in Andalucia - Murcia -.... 136 posts Send private message

Abolex´s avatar

Hi Justin,

You have included yellow notices about this change of signatures that include a spelling error.

It says "IMPORANT NOTICE"

I hope its not too late to fix this.

Cheers!

Martin

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 9:41 AM by cath&kevin Star rating in Resident in Jardine .... 160 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Why have i lost my send privatr message title, it just says edit this post

Cath & Kevin

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 12:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks Martin.

cath&kevin...you can't send a PM to yourself...that's why you don't see that link beside your post.  Others however will see it!

Justin

Like 0      
19 Oct 2009 9:08 PM by cath&kevin Star rating in Resident in Jardine .... 160 posts Send private message

Justin

On my replys it said send private message it now says edit post so any body wanting to send a private message would think that they cant, is it something we can put right.

Cath & Kevin

Like 0      
19 Oct 2009 10:40 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

When anyone other than you looks at your post it says "Send Private Message"

As Justin says below, you can't send yourself a private message but you do have the option to edit your own post. 

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Oct 2009 11:12 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

It also depends on whether you are logged in or not - if you are not logged in you will see the "send private message" link.  If you are logged in you will see the "edit" link, if it was the last post in the thread.  If your browser is set so you log in automatically when you visit EOS, you won't see the "send private message" link because, as already explained, you won't want to send a PM to yourself! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Let's keep it friendly - 79 posts
Happy Movil - 6 posts
Spiral Staircases - 3 posts
Low Rate Spanish Mortgages.com - 1 posts
Luis's Chickpea Stew - 2 posts
Interest Rates - 10 posts
How do I de-register my car in Spain? - 7 posts
Courier Work in Spain - 10 posts
sky box for sale - 0 posts
Profile - 3 posts
Are HID headlight bulb systems legal in Spain? - 22 posts
English/Spanish Wills? - 2 posts
wanted log burner or simular - 3 posts
Paying tax on a rental property - 4 posts
Health and Safety Agencies - 2 posts
Jet 2 Christmas/new year flights to Murcia - 5 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
Cannibalism - Can you HELP - 5 posts
Non Completion on Roda Contracts - 2 posts
Madrid Olympic bid 2016 - 0 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain. - 3 posts
Beware Lettings Conman - 0 posts
Alcazaba Hills - 17 posts
uk treats costa blanca - 0 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x