Beware Lettings Conman

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by mariposa07 Star rating. 82 posts Send private message

I've recently been contacted by an english owner of an apartment in Sucina, who wanted me to help with interpreting.  His story rather shocked me and in fact he called me this afternoon and told me in detail that he amongst others had been the victim of a local conman.  He bought a new apartment in the village of Sucina and the builder at the time was offering guaranteed rental for 1 yr, after the initial period the builder said they could no longer offer the deal and gave him the name of a local agent, Jeff Jones, apparently also from Sucina.

The buyer contacted the agent who said he was going to be in the UK the following week, they met up and all seemed well.  No contract was signed but keys handed over, all went well for the first few months, money arrived on time into the buyers account from the agents girlfriend Vivien Leighson.  However, the money stopped coming through and despite many attempts to contact the agent nothing happened.  It then transpired that the apartment seemed to be constantly occupied but no rent was received, it has now transpired that there are 6 Morocan men living there illegally. 

The same agent did exactly the same thing to two other owners in the same block!  However, he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth leaving many desparate owners.

So if anyone out there has come across this couple the Guardia Civil would be very interested in knowing their whereabout, please pm.

Thanks very much.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alcazaba Hills - 17 posts
uk treats costa blanca - 0 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 2 posts
Private Health Insurance. Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 17 posts
New Healthcare Scheme for Valencia - 2 posts
taxi needed on saturday night from Valle del Este to Mojacar - 0 posts
la caixa - proceddures on depositing cheques - 4 posts
Looking for a few key estate agents - 0 posts
Print Spanish postal stamps from PC? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - 1 posts
starting up stables in spain - 3 posts
Registering with the Spanish Tax Office - 5 posts
PM from rememberme............... - 1 posts
Yellow whites - 2 posts
Car registration plates - 9 posts
Reply from the "Tax Man" - 1 posts
Fontana Pizzeria Pueblo Latino Torre de la Horadada - 3 posts
Centro Cultural, Quesada - is there an e-mail address? - 0 posts
Vodafone dongle-early redemption penalty? - 8 posts
Spanish social security - is it worth signing up? - 9 posts
Selling a UK vehicle in spain to someone returning to the UK - 1 posts
Handing in the Keys - 1 posts
replacement shutters - 0 posts
just sold - experiences - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x