Health and Safety Agencies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Oct 2009 00:00 by maud Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

We are concerned about the use of gardeners chemicals around the pool on our complex. In the UK there are various agencies that can look into health and safety concerns and we were wondering if anybody  could tell us of the appropriate Spanish authority to report this to?


Like 0      
03 Oct 2009 11:51 by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Maud - Health & Safety? - I really doubt if such a thing exists here.  H&S is an alien concept in Spain - you just need to look at the way they build the roads with no ear protection when they are drilling, they have bulldozers working inches from the public, etc etc.  I even watched a fabulous jousting show at the Medieval Market in Orihuela where the horses were charging up and down the main road, again just inches from the crowd with just a flimsy little barrier in between - exciting but very dangerous!

You could take a note of the names of the chemicals off the bottles (that is if it is in the original bottle) and look it up on the internet and you could also approach the local town hall and ask if there are regulations about such chemicals.

However, even if you find that the chemicals are dangerous, I doubt if the authorities would care.  In my opinion, your best bet would be to get the President to stipulate what chemicals you want used on your community - you are paying for them anyway so you can tell the gardener exactly what you want.

Good luck!!



Like 0      
03 Oct 2009 12:06 by maud Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

We already know the names of the chemicals being used and health and safety regulations associated with said use. Many are toxic, carcinogenic, and irritantes which must not be sprayed around any water supplies that come in to contact with humans and animals. The regulations may be being flouted. If the town hall does deal with health and safety, then we can make enquiries on what to do, as these gardeners act on various communities.




This message was last edited by maud on 03/10/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jet 2 Christmas/new year flights to Murcia - 5 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
Cannibalism - Can you HELP - 5 posts
Non Completion on Roda Contracts - 2 posts
Madrid Olympic bid 2016 - 0 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain. - 3 posts
Beware Lettings Conman - 0 posts
Alcazaba Hills - 17 posts
uk treats costa blanca - 0 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 2 posts
Private Health Insurance. Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 17 posts
New Healthcare Scheme for Valencia - 2 posts
taxi needed on saturday night from Valle del Este to Mojacar - 0 posts
la caixa - proceddures on depositing cheques - 4 posts
Looking for a few key estate agents - 0 posts
Print Spanish postal stamps from PC? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - 1 posts
starting up stables in spain - 3 posts
Registering with the Spanish Tax Office - 5 posts
PM from rememberme............... - 1 posts
Yellow whites - 2 posts
Car registration plates - 9 posts
Reply from the "Tax Man" - 1 posts
Fontana Pizzeria Pueblo Latino Torre de la Horadada - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x