can i get itv and sum on english transit ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

i am going back to the uk,and my neighbour has a english reg transit which would come in handy for taking my stuff back,does anyone know if i can get a itv and suma on the van without registering it in spain

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 7:00 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Coolrunner

No only Spanish reg. vehicles can get Spanish ITV & Suma, car will after be

re-registered to Spain or on return to UK be Taxed & Tested.

This message was last edited by roddy1 on 20/09/2009.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 9:32 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

It's a catch Catch 22 situation...

If the English MOT and Tax have expired you need to get it back to the UK for an MOT; but you cannot do so because you need a current MOT and tax to drive it legally in Spain...and France...and anywhere else in Europe. Also note that any insurance on the vehicle is automatically null and void in the absence of the correct, up-to-date English MOT and Tax...

Also note that if the vehicle is returned to the UK without valid Road Tax, without having been exported officially from the UK,  you are also liable for all unpaid back tax to the expiry date of the last issued tax disc plus fines for non payment...

It has been suggested om other forums that the ITV will carry out a test, but in law it is absolutely meaningless on an english plated vehicle.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 20/09/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 6:42 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

Lack of tax and MOT do not automatically entail invalidity of insurance. When I was driving a UK plated car which did not at the time require an MOT and was taxed I was concerned about aquring both when the due time came.

So I wrote to my insurer and received confirmation that my insurance would not be invalid if I had no tax or MOT.

I'm not sure if this applies to all insurers but I should imagine it does as there are an awful lot of untaxed and MOT-ed cars in the UK alas...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EOS Alcaidesa Family Meeting: Next Saturday the 26th in September. Come! - 6 posts
Online Courses: Watercolour/Acrylics/WC pencils etc - 0 posts
Car storage at San Javier (Murcia) airport - 7 posts
Recovering community fees thread - 18 posts
MahersolHogar - 0 posts
Solar Panels - 1 posts
not sure about tenant - 3 posts
lease - 1 posts
WORK FOR EXPERIENCED MUSICAN - 0 posts
Social security - 1 posts
Looking for a trustworthy couple to look after your second home while abroad? - 0 posts
Am I entitled to free healthcare - 9 posts
New Years Eve - 0 posts
bank guarantees nothing update - 3 posts
Garden furniture wanted - - 4 posts
Don Quijote in Spanglish - 0 posts
All Lawyers - 6 posts
Bus Service from La Linea to Malaga (airport) - 5 posts
Dogs in Cars - 2 posts
registering spanish car - 5 posts
IVA increase? - 1 posts
Only 1 page of search results - 0 posts
Collect NIE within how many months/years? - 2 posts
Form 215 - 0 posts
Telefonicainenglish...SCAM? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x