Telefonicainenglish...SCAM?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

After buying a property in Spain earlier this year I needed a telphone line and internet.I contacted TELEFONICAINENGLISH in June and ordered this.They took 93 Euros from my Bank Account but nothing has materialised from this order.

Looking through these forums looks as if someother people have had issues with this company.There is no telephone contact details on their web site and they do not respond to emails.

Does anyone have a telephone no for this cowboy outfit so that I can try  and get my money back

Many Thanks

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 12:38 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Sorry, dont have contact details but this is a typical situation with telefonicainenglish.

Edit: just found this as an entry on a whois check...(0034) 902 118 247; dont know if its genuine!

Its not a scam exactly, some clients have managed to get a line or ADSL installed, but they are definitely in the minority. The company just doesn't give a damn. More and more these days I hear nothing but bad things about them...and despite being slated on just about every Spanish forum they never respond...

Just as a reminder, telefonicainenglish is in no way a part of Telefonica SL; they act only as form fillers / sales agents.

Telefonica SL have a perfectly good English Language service for sales and phone enquiries. Telefone No 1004 gives access to an answering machine initially and a list of options are quoted in Spanish; you may be offered an English speaking operator during the list of optionsat the end of the options listing just state clearly 'English' and you will be put through to an English speaking operator. For the benefit of our French and German readers they too are catered for.

Slightly off thread...The only problem arises if you have an ADSL problem; the Telefonica contact phone number then is 902 357000 but this is strictly Spanish; having said that at least one of their help reps is relatively conversant in English...

We have said it before;

Telfonicainenglish dot com? Don't go there...!

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 18/09/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 5:44 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

After bltzing them with emails last night and today they have responded....Supposed to be refunding the amount that they took frommy account in the next few days...Once its there I will update this thead

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 7:38 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Soto-dave Hi,

If the money isn't back in your account within seven days threaten them with legal action...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ABOUT HIRE CARS - 2 posts
EOS back up to speed - 10 posts
Bargains in Spain for two years more - 4 posts
Spanish mortgage providers - 2 posts
Train from Algeciras to Rhonda - 3 posts
P.G.O.U PLAN - 11 posts
Am I being discriminated against? - 2 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
moving furniture from spain. - 1 posts
furniture package for sale half price - 2 posts
builder wanted - 3 posts
PM notifications may not be working for you - 1 posts
To much to ask ? a good builder ? - 0 posts
Moving to Gran Alacant - 1 posts
Murder Mystery Weekend/Dinner Parties - 2 posts
Best Websites on Spain - help please - 10 posts
Ryanair desk Alicante Airport - 3 posts
What a way to spend my hols - 2 posts
SUN LOUNGERS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Non Resident - Tax Paid on Sterling Savings - Help Required to Recover Money - 0 posts
Which form ... ? - 1 posts
Spain's Struggles Illustrate Pitfalls of Europe's Common Currency - 0 posts
La Herrada [Los Montesinos] - 0 posts
Asda in Mijas-Costa - 8 posts
When the Judge finds in your favour, what date is used to decide the amount of interest? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x