Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by simon_rst Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

HI

I want to ask for help

I live in lndon , and I bought spanish plate car in londn
but I bought this car without spanish registration documents, has been lost,

What I need to do to aply for new spanish registration document?

where to phone? what form to fill?

thanks in advance

Simon

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 3:11 PM by reetp Star rating in Pedralba, Valencia. 2 posts Send private message

No idea, but personally I'd give it back to whoever you got it from and get your money back. Sounds as dodgy as hell.

Are you sure it's not been stolen ??????

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 8:42 PM by simon_rst Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

HI, not stolen, cos I check this before I bought,
I phone DVLA and Police, and I know  this person  I bought this car was driving this for 5 months in uk,

Anyone can give me details of spanish DVLA? phone number , website?

thanks

simon

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 1:27 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Bad News time...

First off; there is no such thing as a Spanish version of the DVLA. The closest approximation would be http://dgt.es/portal/  (link 1a) and this is all in Spanish. However this link within the dgt website might help...http://dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/vehiculos/ (link 1b)

Next; if the vehicle has been in the Uk for more than 6 months it is already illegal in the UK in exactly the same way as an English vehicle becomes illegal in Spain after 182 days. See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_10014623 (link 2)

If you are a UK resident, you cannot drive a Spanish reg vehicle in the UK; again see  link (2) above.

Be advised that if the Spanish ITV (mot) cert  or road tax have expired or you cannot produce the documentation when asked, the police are within their rights to demand that the vehicle be taken off the road or in a worst case scenario might just impound the vehicle on the spot. UK Law permits such vehicles to be impounded and crushed...

As with English reg cars in Spain it is no good applying for an English MOT cert in order to tax the vehicle in the UK unless you intend to fully import the vehicle and get it re registered onto English plates. Getting the vehicle onto English plates requires the fitment of UK style headlights, side indicators, and the rear foglight to be on the right hand side of the vehicle if only one rear fog light is fitted.

See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583   (link 3) and

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_10028413  (link 4) and

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_071776.pdf (link 5)

As reetp suggests all in all you'd be best advised to get your money back before the brown stuff hits the fan...I would suggest that the only reason the car was sold to you in the first place is because the seller knows all of this...

DVLA would have no information on the vehicle unless it has already been fully imported in which case it should already be on English plates, so they wouldnt know whether it was stolen or not and the UK police wouldn't tell you anyway. Even if they knew...in which case they would impound the vehicle, so I would not make too many enquiries in that direction...

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 24/09/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 10:48 PM by simon_rst Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

HI

thank you for info, thanx foxbat

is not everythink true what you said,
No police will take my car until was reported it was stolen

even if I cant produce confirmation of ownership like a logbook on my name,
Im Polish resident not english, so I can drive spanish car in UK,
but im sure english residents can drive too, so dont tell me im in deep s#$%.

Its nice car,im sure there is the way to get new logbook (replacement).
in worst scenario I will break the car for parts, or  will by same car but crashed with Uk logbook
and replace everythink from spanish car.

Maybe some spanish person will tell me how to get logbook for spanish car.

Thanks

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 12:25 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Simon...Click on the highlighted links in my original reply and read the contents carefully...

Lifted straight from link 2...Government / DVLA

Foreign plates

If a vehicle with foreign plates is stopped by the police, it's the responsibility of the keeper to show that they are allowed to use the vehicle in the UK without registering and taxing it.

Query; how are you going to do that without valid certification?

European Union vehicles

It is the responsibility for the driver to prove how long the vehicle has been in the country. This can be done by producing ferry tickets.

EU vehicles brought into the UK will be allowed to be used freely for six months in any 12-month period without the need to register in the UK, provided the vehicle complies with the requirements of its home country. Where the keeper of the vehicle becomes resident in this country, the vehicle must be immediately registered and licensed in the UK. UK residents are not allowed to use a foreign registered vehicle on UK roads.

Information relating to obtaining duplicate documentation is available at link 1b under the heading 'duplicados...'

Quote;...

No police will take my car until was reported it was stolen

even if I cant produce confirmation of ownership like a logbook on my name,
Im Polish resident not english, so I can drive spanish car in UK,
but im sure english residents can drive too, so dont tell me im in deep s#$%.

"...but im sure english residents can drive too..." see rules about importing EU cars as shown highlighted above...

You really think so? Just wait until the first time you are stopped...

End of story; no further advice forthcoming from this end!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IVA increase? - 1 posts
Only 1 page of search results - 0 posts
Collect NIE within how many months/years? - 2 posts
Form 215 - 0 posts
Telefonicainenglish...SCAM? - 3 posts
ABOUT HIRE CARS - 2 posts
EOS back up to speed - 10 posts
Bargains in Spain for two years more - 4 posts
Spanish mortgage providers - 2 posts
Train from Algeciras to Rhonda - 3 posts
P.G.O.U PLAN - 11 posts
Am I being discriminated against? - 2 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
moving furniture from spain. - 1 posts
furniture package for sale half price - 2 posts
builder wanted - 3 posts
PM notifications may not be working for you - 1 posts
To much to ask ? a good builder ? - 0 posts
Moving to Gran Alacant - 1 posts
Murder Mystery Weekend/Dinner Parties - 2 posts
Best Websites on Spain - help please - 10 posts
Ryanair desk Alicante Airport - 3 posts
What a way to spend my hols - 2 posts
SUN LOUNGERS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Non Resident - Tax Paid on Sterling Savings - Help Required to Recover Money - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x