Is it me, or is this a load of old rubbish!?!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled across this thread on Sky TV in the 'Rent Your Property - Short Term' forum and I would really like everyone to visit this thread and read what is being said.

Now I may be wrong with my replies... but I doubt it!

Please see for yourself and post your reply in that thread.

Un saludo!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 24/08/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 12:28 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

As a poster on this thread myself, I agree. I'm actually quite annoyed with myself that I've wasted so much time replying to that dreadful little person but it really annoys me when I read such unmitigated drivel. There are people out there who may believe what has been posted and may be deterred from having Sky installed.

Of course one is not technically supposed to be receiving Sky broadcasts outside of the UK and ROI but millions do it all over Europe and Sky must be aware.  In every European country I've had experience of there are companies large and small offering Sky installations. Some have been doing it for twenty years or more.

The worst that can happen is that you may be cut off although how Sky could be aware that you are receiving outside the UK and ROI , I know not.  My card is registered to my UK address with my UK phone number and I suspect that Sky are perfectly happy to leave it at that. After all, there must be literally millions of people watching Sky all over Europe and the revenue to Sky must run into the £millions.

It's quite sad that people like tobyw have nothing better to do than spread gossip and issue empty threats. Meanwhile, the many hundreds of thousands of people of all nationalities who watch Sky in Spain will continue to do so inspite of tw's mean and nasty little posts.

By the way, you don't get tripe like that on expats,spain, do you?

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 1:29 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

I still think Spanish Tv (specificly Canal Plus )is better than Sky

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 1:31 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

this could just be an natural outcome from all the downloading debates going on. As well saw but don't have the link that the BBC doesn't allow rebroadcastors (what ever that is)

-or-

just a way of getting more money out of people, ie fines etc.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 3:14 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar

Thrown my €0.02 into the ring, TechNoApe.

Edit: Further to my suspicions on that thread, certain facts have come to light. It would appear that the only 2 posters to believe in the premise of the discussion were posting from the same IP address. Which suggests collusion, at best and schizophrenia, at worst.

This message was last edited by HybridAnglo on 24/08/2009.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 3:00 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hybrid/Techno

could this be the plonker who was banned from the site a few months back for spouting rubbish to wind people up? He had at least 6 names spread between this and at least one other forum. Schizophrenia could be the answer as he used to collude with himself!!!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 6:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Ooooh! I love a good conspiracy theory!! Can't wait for the movie on this one - I'll be watching it on Sky Premier - here in Spain, of course.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 9:13 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar

Goodstich44 wrote: "Schizophrenia could be the answer as he used to collude with himself!!!"

I think this might well be the best euphemism for w****r I've heard in a long while. Laughing my socks off.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 9:16 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo

yes it was good fun. If he started to lose an argument, he would bring in a 'new' person to back him up, and then congratulate him on his post!  The give away was the way the 'new' poster constructed his posts.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Early retirement in Spain??? - 9 posts
Anyone feeling sorry for the Aussies? - 0 posts
Animal abuse... thank God someone has some sense ! - 5 posts
Anyone need any help? - 4 posts
Monarch London Gatwick to Murcia - 5 posts
Moving to Spain in 2 months - 2 posts
Hidden charges - 4 posts
2nd hand car sales - 9 posts
weekenders - 1 posts
Plaiting Onions!! - 3 posts
Gisela ... - 28 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Moors & Christains Fiesta - 2 posts
Fly screens - 6 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 9 posts
Market trading - 3 posts
'silver fish' - 3 posts
moving in November but dont know where to ! - 7 posts
6 month stepping stone............any suggestions ?? please help !! - 4 posts
Have I done something wrong?? - 4 posts
Off-plans that never get off the ground....but not in Spain! - 0 posts
cam online banking - 4 posts
Inhertitance tax on home - 1 posts
Catastral value - 0 posts
Turned off street lights - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x