Gisela ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

It was Easter time when I ran my last Morgan Stanley match funded appeal for Noah’s Arc - Dog Rescue and I hate to say this, but the end of summer is fast approaching!  I am also delighted to say that reports on the rescue show all time ‘record’ results so far this year and much of that is due to the public and their response and of course the wonderful Noah’s Arc team.

Anyway, the reason for my mail … last week I was sent a YouTube clip of a dog in the care of Noah’s Arc.  She was pulled from a pound as her life was about to slip away and just in the nick of time.  I will spare you the graphic details (the YouTube clips links are below- if you are brave enough to view them - you may prefer not to), but needless to say she was in the most appalling of conditions.  The vets that have treated her have never seen an animal in such a state and she is being loved, treated, prayed for and watched over 24 hours a day.

No man, woman, child or creature on living earth should have to go through what she has endured and she is my motivation for my latest appeal.

I will be fundraising to raise the money for her medication, medical treatment and the special food she will require over the coming months if she survives - pray that she will - in addition to helping other sick & injured dogs coming into the care of Noah’s Arc. Everything raised will once again be match-funded by Morgan Stanley International Foundation up to a maximum of £2,000 - so there is the potential to raise a total of £4,000 by this appeal.

Her name is “Gisela” … she has suffered up till now at the hand of man, please help me to try and make it up to her and others like her by supporting my appeal.  Every single euro counts.

Thank you.

Sharon
"Always for the Animals"

YouTube clip - just type Gisela .....Another Noahs arc rescue in your internet search bar and it will be at the top of the list 

How to make a donation:

Make a donation by credit card via Paypal on the Noah's Arc website shown at the end of the film making sure you put "Sharon's Appeal for Gisela" in the message box

By sending a cheque donation by post to: Noah's Arc, Avda. Tierno Galván, Edif. Bahia Mar, Bloque 14 bajo, Puerto de Mazarrón, 30860 Murcia, Espana.  Please make your cheque payable to Noah's Arc and remember to include your return address or e-mail details.  Don't forget to write "Sharon's Appeal for Gisela" on the back of your cheque

The two Noah's Arc shops will be delighted to take your cash donations at: Noah's Arc (Mazarron), La Tienda Arco De Noaha, Avenue Tierna, Galvan Edif, Bahia Mar, Bloque A Bajo 14, 30860 Puerto De Mazarron & Noah's Arc (Fuente Alamo), Calle/San Rogue 5, Fuente Alamo, Murcia 30320

Noah’s Arc will also be placing collection tins in and around Camposol/Mazarron under their banner and labelled “Sharon’s Appeal for Gisela”.  Please look out for them.

I will be coming out to Spain in September for a holiday and will be doing a street collection and further fund raising in the local area. I would very much appreciate your support and hope to see you then!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

OMG Sharon, my heart's breaking after seeing the first video,  my chest hurts so much from me trying to suppress the tears.

What a beautiful animal. What she's been through though is unbelievable. I went straight to the last video (after seeing the first) to see how she was.

I've put the Youtube videos on here for you.

Click on the pictures in sequence to see the updates but you need strength to watch these, I tell you.

Gisela .....Another Noahs arc rescue...   Gisela update  gisela update 2  GISELA UPDATE 3

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:15 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

I am sincerely very grateful to you for posting the video links. I heard yesterday that Gisela came out of intensive care and has now left the vets - she is putting up a fight for her life, thank god.  Gail & Andy (Noah's Arc) are keeping a very close eye on her - round the clock.  It's very early days, but so far so good and keep everything crossed. 

If anyone reading this is moved by Gisela's story please, please, please spare just a few euros and kindly support my appeal.  Everything I raise will be match-funded which will mean double for Noah's Arc.  I feel it's my obligation to get behind the team that are giving her the care, treatment and love that she needs to get through this ... I hope you do too.

Thanks everyone.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:23 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Sharon, I am not brave enough to watch the video, it will haunt me, but would like to make a donation. Are sterling cheques accepted?

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sharon, that 4th video shows Gisela leaving the vets. It's a terribly sad story, unfortunately it is not unique. How people can let this happen beggars belief. I hope Gisela survives, she deserves a kind home where she can relax & live out her life. Putting the videos on here for you was nothing, I had the knowledge so I used it.

You seem to be a very caring lady, good luck with all you do to help animals like Gisela.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:32 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

I've just watched the video - it's incredible that she survived - must be a strong-willed dog.  I've also just been onto Noahs Arc web site - to find out that 50,000 hunting dogs are killed every year  is so sad.  We found a stray Ibizan Hound (hunting dog) on our estate last year who is now back in England,  and if anyone is considering adopting a hunting dog from Spain, they are lovely, loyal dogs who make great pets.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:42 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Thank you very much.  I work full-time and in my spare time I work for a rescue here in the UK.  I have a home in Spain and would not be able to visit and look a stray dog in the eye unless I did something to address the terrible treatment & suffering they endure.  My inspiration and drive is from a dog I rescued from Turkey that had been hit by a car and left for 2/3 weeks to suffer in the heat.  She lived with me in the UK for nearly 9 years.  Unfortunately the similarity between the lives of strays in both countries are parallel.

If Gisela survives, pray that she will, believe me she will have the best home in the land.  In the meantime we need to rally to get her medication & treatment paid for and be ready to help the next one. I visit members of the Noah's Arc team every time I am in Spain - I can't tell you how hard they work and how dedicated they are and they are all volunteers (not salaried).  Sometimes you wonder how they do it, seeing what they see ... the love of the animals and the support of people is what carries them along. I hope this appeal gives them a wave of support to speed them along ...

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 12:37 AM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

I do so hope that Gisela pulls through, and that she will untimately be placed with someone who will give her the love and respect she deserves - I just cannot understand how someone could treat an animal in such a way.  Gisela was microchipped, thus her owner must be known to the authorities.  Is there any chance that whomsover did this to her will be prosecuted, or am I being totally naive in even suggesting this could happen?!

Recognition is also due to all the many people who have helped Gisela and many others like her in so many ways.  I feel that we have a moral obligation to speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 5:44 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Hi Sharon - can you please keep us updated with Gisela's progress.  She looks a lovely dog - as previously posted, are you not able to trace her owner through her microchip?

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 6:05 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Of course I will keep you posted on her progress, plus of course the final result of my appeal and what we raise.  I hope that we achieve the maximum match-funding - fingers crossed.

Noah's Arc will of course be following up on her past history.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 3:21 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Hi Sharon, I have just visited the Noah's Arc site, and it would appear that Gisela is not making the progress it was hoped she would.  The last update is dated 20th August - do you have more recent news about Gisela please?

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 6:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Merrylegs

if you had watched the last video I posted ( on 22 Aug 2009 23:02) you'd have seen it was on 20th August when, in fact, Gisela left the vets.

DO WATCH .. click on the picture, it's a link to Youtube GISELA UPDATE 3

regarding the website http://www.noahsarcmurcia.com/  where does it say 'Gisela is not making the progress it was hoped she would' please. I can't find it.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 6:55 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Hi Morerosado,  I found the comment regarding Gisela under the heading "go to highly urgent cases".  This particular heading does not download as fast as the rest of the page.  Click on the website address you gave me, just wait a while and you should then see it centre page.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 7:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Merrylegs, i can't find 'go to highly urgent cases' on home page !

Has senility set in already, more help needed. Is it under something else first.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 7:17 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

It is on the Homepage Morerosado immediately beneath "one thousand Euro donation for Noah's Arc, click for details", white lettering on a blue band, but it does not download as rapidly as the rest of the page.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 7:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I see 'one thousand Euro donation for Noah's Arc, click for details'.

Underneath it I see a red x in a square within an oblong box. Clicking on that does nothing.

I cannot see what you see, merrylegs.

I see a band with white letters on blue background. & if I click on that, it's not in there...........

About Noah's Arc Animal Charity

This message was last edited by morerosado on 25/08/2009.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 8:04 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi there

The website is not totally up-to-date.  I have had an e-mail from Gail (Noah's Arc) who is nursing Gisela.  Gisela is having daily injections and has been to the vets today.  There is slow progress, although she is very tired, but eating and drinking - so far so good.  Keep up the prayers.  There will likely be another video and as soon as it's release or if I hear further news I will post for you.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 8:13 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Thank you for the update Sharon - the news is indeed encouraging.  You may rest assured that Gisela, and all who are caring for her, will remain in my prayers.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 8:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes, thank you Sharon.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 7:31 AM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

The latest update on Gisela has been put on YouTube - update 4 - hopefully someone will put the link up for me.

"She has been quiet this afternoon and Maria (the vet) will explain in the video exactly what is happening with her and what the outlook for her is.

Thank you everyone for your interest in her case and your wonderful support. Gail and I have shed many tears over your messages of support for Gisela, and we are fighting with her every step of the way. Rest assured everything possible is being done for her your help thoughts prayers and  support are reaching her making her stronger every day .
Thank you so much
Andy and Gail"

Please spare a few euros if you are able to donate - my appeal will be match funded by Morgan Stanley International so everything we raise will be doubled.  This will not only help Gisela, but many other sick & injured dogs like her.

Thank you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Moors & Christains Fiesta - 2 posts
Fly screens - 6 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 9 posts
Market trading - 3 posts
'silver fish' - 3 posts
moving in November but dont know where to ! - 7 posts
6 month stepping stone............any suggestions ?? please help !! - 4 posts
Have I done something wrong?? - 4 posts
Off-plans that never get off the ground....but not in Spain! - 0 posts
cam online banking - 4 posts
Inhertitance tax on home - 1 posts
Catastral value - 0 posts
Turned off street lights - 5 posts
Community start up - 2 posts
FOR SALE - 2003 Citroen C3 Pluriel 1.4 Convertible - 0 posts
Any quiet islands in Spain - 3 posts
scanning and translating a letter - 1 posts
Advice on importing household goods - 3 posts
torresatalit tv info? - 6 posts
landline - 5 posts
Weather Alicante beginning of October? - 4 posts
Probably stupid question bout Ryan air and departing different airports - 12 posts
Ryanair returning to Valencia - 1 posts
minimum wage - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x