anyone dealt with vanityangels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by joan in spain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with a purported organisation called vanityangels?

I came across them on a UK franchise website regarding becoming a franchisee selling or renting out their ladies cosmetic and personal hygene machines.

They were asking for a considerable amount of money, varying between 12,500 and 50,000 GBP Pounds - yes alot of money!

I asked if they were a registered UK franchise and the lady there Rachel  Bird (business developement manager) said no.  In fact, although they advertise themselves as offering a franchise ( as per their site) they don't but confused me with other jargon. My accountant advised me to ask for certain information, ie a business plan, satisfied customers, clients, a copy of their financial accounts (profit and loss plus balance sheet) and they said they were so new that they didn't have an accountant. This was beacause they had had so much interest that they did not have time to prepare.

Their website concerns be in that they are meant to be a UK company (as disclosed much later on) but there are no contact details whatsoever, only a Spanish mobile number. Isn't this illegal??

Any views on this would be most welcome please, are they genuine or is it a scam?

Thanks

Joan

This message was last edited by joan in spain on 27/07/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 7:03 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Joan

If they can't produce a business plan, profit & loss info etc. is to stay well clear unless you can afford to lose £12000-£50000.

The idea of buying into franchise is that it proven concept!

Which would minimise any risks, my advice to you, don't touch with a bargepole, sounds very dodgey to me.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 10:40 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

I am from a family of accountants that prepare for small-medium size business, and I am surprised that they have not got an accountant.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Question about NIE number - 11 posts
House and contents - 8 posts
advise needed, on suma on my car? - 4 posts
schools in quadamar - 20 posts
fellipe massa f1 driver - 1 posts
Simyo Telephone/Data Sim Cards - 0 posts
Wanted: 28 inch or more flat screen plasma (or LCD) TV - 2 posts
Transfering a car BACK to the UK - 9 posts
Hola todos............ - 11 posts
Buying reposessed properties from the bank in the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
Misteri Play d'Elx - 0 posts
Fire reaching Mojacar - 15 posts
reactivating sky tv - 4 posts
Buying repossessed property property in Costa Blanca and payment of deposit. Advice? - 9 posts
M&S Marbella again - 0 posts
One to one spanish tuition - appreciate any views on this - 7 posts
New Rail Link - 1 posts
House tax - 2 posts
Empty van travelling from uk to spain - 6 posts
For Sale LHD BMW 325i SE Touring - 6 posts
Aifos have declared Concurso de Acreedores (Insolvency) - 1 posts
Taxi`s from Murcia airport - 4 posts
Room A/C Unit Wanted Near Malaga or Olvera - 2 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
Hola ... El Gusto Es Mio - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x