Marks and Spencers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

Does anyone know when M & S is due to open at La Cañada, Marbella?

Jane

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 11:49 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Not too sure but think maybe Oct/Nov, I am looking forward to it also

Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 1:54 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Arent we all - however lets hope its a little better than some of their other overseas efforts - went to the Prague branch in 2006 and everything so expensive by comparison with prices in the UK - local currency price stickers were over the UK labels - almost 1/3 as much again. Let us also hope its a little better than the Gibraltar offering - which is better than nothing I agree but with the number of Brit ex pats in the Marbella area (not to mention others) one would hope it would at least warrant an average UK High Street store - if not Bluewater or Thurrock 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 2:20 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Must be soon, they are looking for satff, it is in the Sur in English today!

Can not wait!

Joan

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 3:08 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

I would be more excited if Sainsbury´s was opening or a damn good supermarket, such as Tesco.  Man cannot live on M&S cookies alone. (although we will probably have fun trying).

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 3:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

They've been advertising since July - nobody seems sure exactly where its going to be - its a while since I was there (couple of months) and no apparent sign of where the store was going to be...........

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 3:29 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Interesting to note if l M&S food will include good Spanish food and produce (locally sourced??) Assuming there will be a food section???

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 3:53 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Any M & S stores that are not in the UK (such as Gib) can only sell frozen or tinned food, or food cooked fresh on the premises such as cookies or bread. There won´t be any ready meals or chilled fresh food as it has to be prepared in the UK, and would not be fresh by the time it was imported. Not that I am an expert on M&S or anything but I used to live in Bahrain and they had a store there similar to the one in Gib (i.e limited food goodies). Still, limited is better than none at all I guess. The store will be in the old gym upstairs where Terrasana was in La Cañada. Opening October.

Amatista

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cheap car hire from Malaga Airport - 0 posts
speeding fine - 0 posts
Non residents vendors can reclaim for overpayment of taxes - 1 posts
car windows tinted in Murcia region - 2 posts
taxi fares from san javier airport to san pedro del pinitar - 4 posts
dodgy rental company - 0 posts
Anybody know any swimming pool cover companies in Murcia Region? - 4 posts
Anyone know how much taci San Javier to Cabo Roig may be? - 5 posts
Sevillana Endesa - 7 posts
Speeding fine on A-7 towards Alicante - 41 posts
Trampolin Hills - 1 posts
Hello Eye on Spain - 3 posts
Looking for a good Administrator - 13 posts
Know any good Administrators? - 26 posts
INDUSTRIAL UNITS - WAREHOUSES TO LET - 0 posts
Property Agent - 2 posts
If currently you're experiencing problems sourcing a hire car in the Torrevieja area of the CB ..... - 0 posts
Marbella : fractional ownership - 1 posts
Blood Donation in Spain - 4 posts
location of estate agents - 5 posts
PLEASE can someone help Dama, a beautiful Beagle - 0 posts
Colin, please show us how you put your pics on. (You said if I asked in here, you would !) - 4 posts
HOLIDAY LETS - 1 posts
Calais to the Mar Menor - 2 posts
Selling without the estate agent - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x