Looking for a good Administrator

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

Hello all you helpful people out there!

We own a property in a small community in the Alicante/Murcia region - our community has been set up for less than a year, but our administrators have lied to us and don't seem to be getting anything done - worse than this, they are charging us a vast amount in community fees (which they say is so that there is enough money in the pot to cover community expenses).  Is 630 euros for 1 year a reasonable amount to have to pay, considering that our community doesn't have lifts, communal areas or large gardens and only one small pool.  We don't think so, and are therefore asking for the help of those of you with efficient and reasonably-priced administrators (there must be some?) to let us know who they are so that we can look into changing ours.

Any help much appreciated, either on this thread or feel free to PM me.

Many thanks folks!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 10:19 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Juan Carlos! (comunidaddevecin

Where are you?

Has anyone seen him?

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 10:29 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Roo

How many properties are there in the community?

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 10:55 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Hi Goldie

I answer for Roo; we are in the same community and we are 96 plots of quatros and villas and one pool.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:02 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

I think I have worked that out at 60.480€, that is if every one on the community pays €630 per year and that is if all the propertys are sold. to me this sounds a lot to pay if you only have say administrator/ community insurance /pool maintenance/running cost for pool ie electric and water.

you dont say if the administrator is connected to the builder? but I think your community should, get three quotes for all, I dont think you should be paying no more than 400€ per year  Bearing in mind that you do have to pay for the upkeep of the cormmunity properties ie painting lets say every 10 years. not the villas if they are detached. I would say that an administrator should charge no more than 400€ per year a property.and bear in mind your pool should be shut 4/5 months of the year.

However some communities charge a lot more due to size of the area.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 11:02 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

I think I have worked that out at 60.480€, that is if every one on the community pays €630 per year and that is if all the propertys are sold. to me this sounds a lot to pay if you only have say administrator/ community insurance /pool maintenance/running cost for pool ie electric and water.

you dont say if the administrator is connected to the builder? but I think your community should, get three quotes for all, I dont think you should be paying no more than 400€ per year  Bearing in mind that you do have to pay for the upkeep of the cormmunity properties ie painting lets say every 10 years. not the villas if they are detached. I would say that an administrator should charge no more than 400€ per year a property.and bear in mind your pool should be shut 4/5 months of the year.

However some communities charge a lot more due to size of the area.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 12:13 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Roo and Arne - I live in Playa Golf which is not far from you.  I think your fees are really excessive.  We pay 300€ per year and are hoping to reduce that when we get our debtors' list reduced.  We are in a much bigger development but I still feel you are paying far too much.

There are many threads here about administrators and people will recommend based on their experiences, although most people post because they have problems!  There is a new company locally who look pretty good and it may be worth checking them out -  ask for Ian Smith at the following:

We haven't used them yet but are in the process of exploring our options as our current Administrators Grupo Mediterannea (now with a new name which I can't remember) are awful!

Ant new administrator will guide you through the process of changing companies but you do need to have it voted through at an AGM.

Good luck

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 12:32 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Contrary to the previous poster, our Community has had Grupomediterranio ( now Pentagono ) as Administrators for several years and have foung them extreemly good.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 2:02 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Sorry  I made a mistake on my previous post, should have said that pay no more than 400€ per year community fee,

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 3:20 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Actually the fee is €40/month for every owner regardless of quota and we did one first payment of €150 to get started. This and the fact that no budget was presented or approved have now turned out to be illigal. See thread "Community fee" .But we have to blame ourselves not protesting high enought.

In spite of that only about 2/3 have payed the fee, only 15% of the income has been used, but without budget and statement of accounts it is impossible to know if this is reasonable.

However as we are looking for a new administrator I cincearly hope he/she can help us out.

Karensun and Clair T has diamerial opinion of the same aministrator. Howe com ? Can you explain more?

I think the administrator shall:

- have a good economic control and account.

- not  overrule the owners

- regulary check up the community on site.

- do tests on the poole.

- follow the law and give good advices

WHERE ARE YOU?

Maybe the best and easiest thing is to administrate the community self and use the money saved for legal help, translations and communication.

Does anyone have any experience?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 3:36 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Do you not have a presidente?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 6:12 PM by SEAK Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

SEAK´s avatar

Hi, I'm quite new to the site but have just been reading through your posts, I am experienced in setting up Management Companies back in England on developments and I cant see Spain being much different as you say its more about having a budget, collecting the service charge, producing accounts and keeping in contact with the residents so If I can be of any help just let me know.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 4:31 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Arne 56 said........................

I think the administrator shall:

- have a good economic control and account. ( definately..and ours does and so has our Presidente )

- not  overrule the owners ( the Owners are the ruling factor and all decisions made by the owners at a properly conviened AGM )

- regulary check up the community on site. ( not the job of the Administrator..you should have a Presidente and Committee who should do that, as well as ALL owners should take responsibility for thier own site )

- do tests on the poole. ( not the job of the Administrator, you should contract a professional to do this job )

- follow the law and give good advices ( always.....and ours does )

I personally do not think it is a good idea to do your own Administration ( which would include the accounts, banking etc ) you would have to handle an awful lot of other people's money and this could mean BIG problemas !! Minutes have to be registered and a good Administrator has lots of information there for the asking and you will not have this information to hand.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 8:48 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Answer t Karensuns answer:

I have beet offered the service written in red by an administrator we had on hand. (Juan Carlos B.)

- regulary check up the community on site. ( not the job of the Administrator..you should have a Presidente and Committee who should do that, as well as ALL owners should take responsibility for thier own site ) Attend to a committee meeting every month.

- do tests on the poole. ( not the job of the Administrator, you should contract a professional to do this job) Unregulary taking samples .

Maybe he is something extra.What other experienses do communities have?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Know any good Administrators? - 26 posts
INDUSTRIAL UNITS - WAREHOUSES TO LET - 0 posts
Property Agent - 2 posts
If currently you're experiencing problems sourcing a hire car in the Torrevieja area of the CB ..... - 0 posts
Marbella : fractional ownership - 1 posts
Blood Donation in Spain - 4 posts
location of estate agents - 5 posts
PLEASE can someone help Dama, a beautiful Beagle - 0 posts
Colin, please show us how you put your pics on. (You said if I asked in here, you would !) - 4 posts
HOLIDAY LETS - 1 posts
Calais to the Mar Menor - 2 posts
Selling without the estate agent - 5 posts
help wonted - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Arm - 2 posts
Taking an irish reg car to spain - 1 posts
What is the current commercial property rate in Vancouver? - 5 posts
More on Polaris World refunds - 4 posts
long term rental needed - 5 posts
Clause 5 - 2 posts
THE NEW BEER DOWN THE SHIRT FASHION - 1 posts
Summer Feria Sabinillas - 1 posts
door eccessories sale - 0 posts
Electoral Register - 4 posts
new kitchen compony - 0 posts
mobility scooter for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x