Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2010 6:13 PM by markbodega Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I've just seen the post above 'HiFX Scam' and felt the need to respond.

As EOS users will know, the foreign exchange markets can be very volatile and move extremely quickly.  In order to give you the best possible price, we use constantly updating real time market rates throughout the transaction process (unlike the majority of the banks who set their rates once or twice a day).  With HiFX, the rate you see is the rate you'll get with no additional transfer fees suddenly being added at the last minute.

To create as smooth a transaction process as possible, clients are required to provide recipient details and enter payment details for the transaction – this may only take a few minutes but the exchange rate markets may be moving throughout this period (up or down). The rates presented are exactly in line with market movements

When you use our online international money transfers service, the rate you confirm at the end of the process will not change once you have clicked on the "Confirm" or "Confirm and take payment from my card" button.

I just wanted to make it clear that we do not 'amend the rate ever so slightly in our favour' in order to build up a healthy pot!

Best regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX

Like 0      
22 Sep 2010 6:49 PM by doedoe Star rating in Berkshire. 59 posts Send private message

If you have a Bank account in the UK with a bank that also has branches in Spain you should have no trouble with Money transfers Halifax UK & Halifax Espania both  give excellent service.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2010 9:00 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Hi,

We have had a Halifax UK bank account for a long time now and when we were buying our villa opened a Banco Halifax Hispania account.

Fine, marvellous, no problems at all and we were very happy with the service. Transferring money either way has never been a problem.

Tonight my wife has just e mailed me ( i work abroad) to say that Lloyds has contacted her in UK to say we have to now contact them  to start the process of converting all our accounts to the Lloyds side of the business.

Looks like it is the start of re-naming, re- branding all their overseas branches etc etc etc......... a pain in the butt !!! i guess.

How much will all this re-naming of the branches, signs, hoardings, advertising, decor, colour schemes, new uniforms for staff blah blah blah cost. and guess who will pay for it all.

Interest rates ..what interest rates.

I just thought i would give everyone who has an overseas Halifax account a "Heads Up " on what they can expect over the coming weeks.

Regards,

John.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2010 8:32 PM by Lis48 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

The Caxton Euro card has been mentioned by a poster as a "free" card with an excellent exchange rate. But its website clearly states that each transaction in a different currency whether through an ATM or in a shop, carries a charge of 2.5%. That makes a wonderful exchange rate of 1.20 suddenly become in reality 1.17!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2010 9:05 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Lis48

That be me then, this card is great for me and anyone who needs to live on euros and has a uk address. To try and answer your point, why would you want a euro card if  you don't want euros but different currencies !

Like 0      
30 Sep 2010 10:10 PM by Lis48 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Sorry, must have been brain dead. I guess they make their money on the cash usually left on the card at the end of your hol as it gets no interest and you lose a lot changing back. It´s hard to judge how much to take on holiday so most people take too much. Shame it´s only available for UK residents (proof of address needed) and by debit card ( credit card is 3% extra).

It all depends on the amount you want to transfer as something like the Caxton card has a max of €7500 and other posters were talking of much larger sums.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 10:27 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

Is it possible to use Paypal to transfer money from our UK account to our Spanish bank account?  I have looked at their website, and I think it might be possible, but I think I'd need two email addresses, one to send from and one to receive funds.  Has anyone used this method, and do they give a good exchange rate?.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 10:35 AM by niclavida Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

To answer Ray, I think they buy in bulk when exchange rate is good.

I would never use the large companies for large transactions,  I always opt for smaller businesses where the service is more personal, SAT Worldwide is the one most recommended, based in Henley.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Merino Wool Underblankets... - 0 posts
buying property in spain - 16 posts
Hello from us. - 3 posts
Internet Techy Question - 18 posts
Free book on Community Finances - 2 posts
Is this the time to buy a business? - 10 posts
Recording Studio wanted - 0 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas this evening - 0 posts
SOFA BEDS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Help Athentic spanish gift needed for the man that has everything...! - 2 posts
Online registration for the payment of non resident’s la renta tax - 40 posts
Licence of First Ocupation - 2 posts
getting rid of wasp's nest - 5 posts
Had to complete new mortgage with life insurance to keep property - 11 posts
Vegeterian restaurants in Vera area. - 13 posts
FOR SALE - BRAND NEW - BEDS - 1 KING & 2 SINGLE - 1,000 EUROS THE LOT - 0 posts
A link to claim against Courts in Spain - 2 posts
motorcycle letter delivery service - 0 posts
reluctant sale - 1 posts
Selling a property in Spain. - 5 posts
bringing over freesatbox - 8 posts
IS THIS THE NEW WEALTH TAX??? - 2 posts
Fiesta Noche de San Juan 2009 - 8 posts
mosaic tables and chairs for sale - 1 posts
Trampolining/Gymnastics in or around Malaga - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x