again, one of THOSE days .... :-)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2009 9:46 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I'm still reeling from Hazel Blears being kept in as an MP!  I think the people will have the last word tho'. Meanwhile she is kept by the taxpayers she robbed.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 10:44 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

pilgrim

so sack the leader of the opposition eh?. That would be fun!, especially as the current system was introduced by Thatcher.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 12:23 PM by mepossem Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

maybe it's time that Spain takes over the running of England?

at least the Gib problem would be solved in a day   :-)  :-)  

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 1:29 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......heavens above, I doubt Spain could run a raffle without there being a fiddle somewhere?

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 4:16 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Goodstich44

so sack the leader of the opposition eh?. That would be fun!, especially as the current system was introduced by Thatcher.

You know, Goodstich, I've never known how to reply to your posts as I have felt a little sorry that you have obviously been "Stitched up Good" somewhere along the line, much as I was with the Technologia and Atlas doughbags.  However, a line like that one shows that I shouldn't really feel sorry for you.  We've had almost 20 years and 3 prime ministers since she was there.  If you're still blaming her for the problems maybe you should get up and sort your own problems out, like a lot of us have, instead of posting and moaning about them.  Frankly, it is now getting a wee bit boring.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2009 8:31 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

At last, a scandal we Brits can be proud of.  Nope, not those theiving politicos this time but :

BRUSSELS sprouts have been banned from a Plymouth-based warship with its captain describing them as the “devil’s vegetable”.

Now this really is a cause for debate.  I reckon that, apart from Marmite, nothing else divides our nation and pits brother against brother than the Brussels sprout.  You either love them or loathe them.  For some, like the warship captain, an evil tasting and smelly thing that does unmentionable things to the ermmm.. nether regions, shall we say.  To others, a traditional vegetable that is de rigeur at all feasts, especially Christmas.

So let's stop talking about the politicians (either home-grown or on the EU gravy train) and the scandals in the Spanish property market.  This is the debate to end all debates.

Love em?  Loathe em?  This could be the start of another Civil War.

Personally?  I suppose it all depends on the way the wind blows (sorry). 

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 10:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

At last..........this thread is finally starting to make sense.

Fresh - love 'em

Frozen - hate 'em.

They're just not the same if you don't top'n'tail them yourself and put that funny little X on the bottom.

I think it's important that we learn to appreciate & take pride in the Brussel Sprout, as it is, or at least soon will be, after all, our National Vegetable.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bricklayer, builder, and alround handy man - 0 posts
can someone just clear up some confusion for me please? - 15 posts
Do I need a license to rent my apartment? - 2 posts
Live rates,Charts and Data - 0 posts
Advice on importing a boat from usa - 1 posts
ITV show on the Costa Del Sol - 232 posts
Jobbing Builder Wanted.... - 8 posts
Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts
UK tax office and paying tax in Spain - 0 posts
Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts
Cats ,is it just me ? - 20 posts
French lessons/French conversation - 0 posts
car parking in Valencia - 0 posts
Community charge - 2 posts
Lost Purse - Reward offered - 0 posts
French lessons/native speakers - 7 posts
wanted highchair - 1 posts
Mother and toddler group - 7 posts
Petrol stations close to San Javier airport - 7 posts
FITTED KITCHEN MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNITS MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x