Primark Algeciras

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2009 2:52 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Jojan,

It will take you about 40 mins to get to the Centro Commercial at Algerciras, but it looks like it needs a lot more work done before it opens, like roads in front and car parks!?!?!?

They have however already put shop signs up and there is one for Primark and one for Mercadona, but there must be a lot more shops going there as it looks massive!!!!

The Mrs wanted to go over to it after our visit to Bahia Park, as it is right opposite it, but it looked nowhere near ready to open.

We also saw a huge Eroski Supermarket on the way back from Algerciras before Los Barios, and don't forget the huge shopping complex at Los Barios itself, where you can also find a C&A shop.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 02/08/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 3:04 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Don't get your hopes up folks.

We have had a Primark in Murcia for some time now and it's is not half as good as the UK version.

Wife does like the bed cloths though a they fit the bed we brought with us from Bromsgrove.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 9:46 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi TechNoApe

Thanks for that reply how does Los Barios compare with La Canada and how long would that take from Duquesa?  This sounds like we could be making a good shopping trip in about 4 weeks time.

Jojan

Like 0      
02 Aug 2009 11:29 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Jojan,

Los Barrios is a 20 minute drive from Duquesa.  There's an outlet shopping centre there called Factory, which has Zara, Mango etc.  There's also a big Carrefour, a Leroy Merlin a Decathlon and a couple of others.

To be honest, the place is a dump but it does have some bargains. 

I would say La Canada has a better range of shops and personally I prefer it to Los Barrios.  It's a much better shopping experience.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 4:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

David is right, the place is a dump and is only recommended if you are in pursuit of bargains and not a shopping "experience"  with coffees and lunch in mind, so to speak. There is litter everywhere in Los Barrios and it does have a kind of wasteland feel. I am not overly keen on La Cañada neither, I prefer Miramar in Fuengirola but it is quite a drive away. I am quite looking forward to this Algeciras shopping centre opening as the traffic in the other direction for La Cañada etc is off putting so I think the new place will be great for us in this area.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 6:54 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Mmmm sounds like we might wait for the new shopping centre to open.

Cheers everyone.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 8:03 PM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

I did not manage to get to Algeciras whilst I was over, but my wife is still in Spain and she told me that she heard on the Radio that Primark opens 01st September ( next Tues).

Do not hold me to this information, just passing on what I have heard.

Just read it is 10th September, so we will just have to wait and see.................

This message was last edited by alcaidesa on 28/08/2009.

This message was last edited by alcaidesa on 28/08/2009.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 2:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi all

i'm told Primark use slave labour by paying about £4.00 a month!!  to some of their workers. I haven't looked in to it further to see if it's true?, but may be worth considering?

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 2:28 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

What is Primark please, and what/where is La Canada?

This message was last edited by merrylegs on 29/08/2009.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2009 4:23 PM by kezzam Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All

According to the radio it opens tomorrow (1st sept 2009) However according to jimena newspaper it is due to open sept 10th . I live 2 mins away which is a quite a scary thing for my hubby!!!! will call in tomorrow and check to see whats happening and let you all know .

Like 0      
31 Aug 2009 6:53 PM by cammie Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My sis works in Primark and she says definitely the 10th Sep. Apparently there´s already wagons full of stuff getting delivered.

They don´t  tell you because they don´t want a repeat of the opening in Oxford Street, London (search for oxford street primark on you tube) where the crowds battered the door down to get in just before they opened them.  Anything for a bargain - I´m game for that!

Yet the strange thing is that they´ll still give stuff away on opening day ?

See you there - I´ll be the one at the front with my bf´s crash helmet on

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 7:04 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

So the big question....did Primark in Algeciras open today?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 2:42 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Yes it did - friends of mine went yesterday for the opening and apparently it wasn't as busy as expected. They told me it didn't seem as big as the store in Jerez, however as it is split over two floors it may have just seemed smaller...

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 4:26 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Great thanks for the info. I think I´ll take a drive down there on Saturday to have a look.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2009 7:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

My friend went on Saturday. She said the choice was limited, although she did recently go to the Bromley store so it probably would be in comparison. She also found it to be expensive with the same mens´ polo shirts which cost 2 pounds fifty in the UK priced at 11 euros. Baby and childrens´ clothes were also considerably more expensive.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - OR LAWBIRD - 4 posts
Wanted long term rental - 4 posts
Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet! - 64 posts
long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts
AGM Minutes - 0 posts
Re: Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
To sell or not to sell - that is the question - 1 posts
Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
Sapphire Businesses and Sapphire Real Estate - 0 posts
Buying a bar in Fuengirola, Money paid to agent/solicitor but they have both disappeared - 25 posts
van wanted - 0 posts
Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back - 4 posts
Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x