Builders Warranty

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi we have a holiday home on the Costa Blanca does any one know how to obtain the 10yr builders warranty we have had our property for 3yrs now with full title deeds we have asked our solicitor to try and obtain this from the builder or the insurance company but as to date no sucsess our solicitor says the title deeds cannot be registerd with out the 10yr warranty being in place I dont know if this is correct ?  does any body have any idea.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 10:52 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Your post is a little confusing as you state that the property has full title deeds and you are correct as the 10yr documentation is part of the process

The buck stops with the lawyer who acted for you on the purchase as he should have checked that the 10 year guarntee, which is required by law, is part of the paperwork and included with the paperwork when you complete at the Notary

Getting one, after you have completed is very difficult and you may not be able to sell the property without the BG

If you cannot get a sensible response form the lawyer go find another one to advise you

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 11:00 AM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

All new properties are covered with a 10 year builders guarentee - it is law that they are covered. so there is no nessecity for the builders guarentee in writing, but quite often to get the builder to repair under the guarentee, you will have to threaten to denounce them.--that is, of course if they are still around!

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 11:01 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

As with the Uk the BG must be an

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 11:02 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, ask your solcitor to ask developer for the number of the policy of the Ten Years Insurance.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 11:35 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

HI thanks for the replys

Yes my lawyer did say that the 10yr builders document is not viewed at the notary at the time. will now chase my lawyer for it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

search partner for goodbusiness! - 0 posts
Hi all From Cornwall UK - 0 posts
Diggers! - 1 posts
estate agent in almerimar - 1 posts
Transport available from Torrevieja area to UK. - 0 posts
Problem with accessing "My Community Forums" - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE NEW PROPERTY - 0 posts
Monarch Airlines and Birmingham/Manchester Airports into Almeria - 0 posts
Car alarm bird! - 1 posts
handing keys back - 7 posts
Mozilla Firefox 3.010 wont allow me to log on, but IE7 does - help!!! - 4 posts
Murcia Furniture - 20 posts
moving back to scotland... - 1 posts
Transferring my Vespa Scooter from Scotland to Los Montesinos Spain - 2 posts
Villapac gone into liquidation - 11 posts
living on a finca ? - permaculture. any advice ? - 5 posts
Selling by Power of attourney - 7 posts
british builders - 1 posts
How do you get snagging done post completion? - 23 posts
car hire, petrol tank full out/full back - 15 posts
Mr @Mrs L - 0 posts
Selling privately - 2 posts
shop share needed , costa region's a few hours per day. - 0 posts
shop space needed in costa del sol area. - 0 posts
Trailer for Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x