Monarch Airlines and Birmingham/Manchester Airports into Almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by wetone Star rating in PALOMARES. 220 posts Send private message

I don´t know how many people, who use Birmingham or Manchester Airports to fly into Almeria, are aware that Monarch Airlines have decided to cancel all their services between 1st November 2009 and 1st April or 1st May 2010 from these airports into Almeria.  They are trying to keep it quiet and only people who are booking well in advance will be aware of this.

This means people will have to use Alicante, Murcia, Granada or even Malaga Airports to visit their properties, especially at Christmas and the New Year.
A petition has been organised on the Almerimar Life website urging people to sign up so they can send it as soon as possible to Monarch to give them time to reconsider.  I am urging as many people as possible to sign this petition as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 5:02 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

No more nor less than I would expect of Monarch; they claim to care about their customers but their shareholders come first.

At least you have some forewarning on this closure...when they withdrew services from Gatwick to Granada they did so with about one weeks notice.

Don't expect them to respond favourably to a petition either; their attitude is best summed up as that of  Rhett Butler in 'Gone with the Wind' (also rather apt under the circumstances...)

"Frankly m'dear I (we) dont give a damn..."

If they do pull out for the Winter dont expect them to come back in the Spring; or better still if they do, give 'em the finger and go elsewhere.

Just had a quick shufty at Monarch winter services into Murcia; this is returning an error message so it could be that this is for the chop as well....

Incidentally the only lo-cost airline now flying into Granada is Ryanair; need I say more? In fact other than Ryanair NO other UK operator flies into Granada.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 08/06/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to tortosa and log cabin - 0 posts
Helo All, - 1 posts
Custom Made Curtains - Required - 6 posts
Lift from France to Spain wanted... - 1 posts
Holiday let clampdown - 39 posts
cam bank mortgage rates euribor & cajas - 4 posts
2 bed furniture pack half price (costa del sol) - 0 posts
2 bedroom furniture pack for sale half price (costa del sol) - 0 posts
Looking for advice please about all furnishings for a villa - 3 posts
Disruptions to Eye on Spain services - Sunday 7 June - 8 posts
Best Beaches in August on Costa Blanca South - 3 posts
Gas bottles in Manilva - 4 posts
New Business venture - 1 posts
How to find a good property management company? - 9 posts
Transport from Murcia Airport to Vera Playa - 15 posts
Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly - 7 posts
car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x