How to find a good property management company?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by judithscott Star rating in Austin,TX. 13 posts Send private message

I am looking for a good property management company. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 3:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What area are you?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 3:39 PM by OPI Rentals Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Dear Judith,

I work for OPI, currently Spains biggest Property Management and Letting Agency. I'm based in the Alicante area but we have 14 offices covering nearly all the East coast of Spain. We offer our clients a professional service at affordable an price. Please click onto our website to see for yourself what we offer and where your local branch is: opirentals . com.

Kind regards,

James

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 7:42 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar

James

I have to disagree with you OPI and this is from our own experiences. 

We signed up with the Pilar branch.  The franchisees who ran the branch took our money and did nothing - we found it impossible to even speak to them on the phone and when we did were given the proverbial run around.  We subsequently found the branch closed down.  Head Office said it was not their responsibility as each branch is run by a franchisee.  Eventually through writing to head office they put us in touch with a couple who had just taken on the Los Belones office.   

We met with Geoff and Kay at our property and although they were new to the property rentals game, they had opened up the office in Los Belones.  We had one or two emails from them and have never heard a word from them since.  I have heard that they are no longer involved with OPI but cannot verify this.

I am not impressed - OPI has had our money and have done absolutely nothing for us despite promises to find us rentals for our property. 

I am afraid that James as well as talking the talk you have walk the walk and OPI have not done that for us.

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 9:37 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

From personal experiennce the best people to look after your property are those that live in the area.  I know there are some horror stories, but if you are lucky enough to find god people locally, they look after the property well.  Don't assume that just because they are local residents that they are not legally registered, ask around.  I think that key holders should always be registered for insurance purposes, but others may know more about it.

Jane

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 10:37 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi

I'm with OPI, in Quesada.  Yes, whilst I agree that all the OPI's are franchise organisations - and only as good as the individual owners, I have to say that I am really happy with my branch.

In the past I have been with a few "duff" agents, who have cost me a lot of money by not checking inventories etc. so I after those experiences I know what sort of thing I'm looking for!!  I have been with OPI, Quesada for over a year now.  Within two weeks of me putting my business with them there was a tenant in my house.  I have gone for long term tenants - and the house has been continually tenanted.  I also have a good "long-distance" relationship with them - via e-mail.  I usually receive a reply within the same day - occasionally it goes into two days.  If there is something that they need to discuss with me, and e-mail isn't always the best way, they will telephone me.  It has suited me to let my property because, through personal reasons, I haven't been able to get to Spain for over a year.  However, as from next year I will use my house much more frequently, and cease to have tenants.  However, I still intend to have OPI act as my managing agents - to oversee the property. 

Finding suitable people to manage/let your property isn't easy.  I usually try to go on recommendation.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 8:24 AM by judithscott Star rating in Austin,TX. 13 posts Send private message

Hi all thanks for providing information about property Management Company. i am living Dallas city in Texas state.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 10:03 AM by falklands Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Dallas  ??

Did I miss something here.

F

Like 0      
20 Jun 2009 4:38 PM by nathalie janzen Star rating in murcia. 14 posts Send private message

As I bought my house in Murcia a couple of years ago I went with La Gardenia Service & Travel S.L. That company exits since I believe 2002 and I,m very happy with the maintenance they carry out. My Pool & Garden is always nice and tied and they inform me well.

I can recomend they if you are close to the resorts El Valle / Mosa Trajectum / Corvera Golf / La Torre.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2009 11:24 AM by sarah_9 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello,

You can try balduscommercial, they are pretty good in there profession.

Regards,

sarah_9

Maryland Properties

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Transport from Murcia Airport to Vera Playa - 15 posts
Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly - 7 posts
car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts
INDESIT WASHER,FRIDGE FREEZER,TUMBLE DRYER FOR SALE - 0 posts
QUALITY BEDROOM FURNITURE SET FOR SALE - 1 posts
Problem dogs - 3 posts
Problem dogs - 1 posts
tax on rental income - 1 posts
Question for Maria re " credit contra de la masa " - 7 posts
BANKINTER RIP OFF WHO DO I CHANGE TO HELP - 7 posts
Building insurance phase 3B - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x