cam bank mortgage rates euribor & cajas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

i have been with the cam since 2006,and i have a mortgage with them ,it has always been calculated with the euribor rate.my rate changed  this month and i thought my new rate did not come down enough so i went to the bank and the women their said i was on the cajas rate which she said is dearer but more stable ,i said i was not happy with this and have made a appointment to see the manager on tuesday as i want the cheaper rate,i have looked on the internet but cant find any rates for the cajas,can anyone give me any advice on this situation please...thankyou

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 8:59 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

The Caja rate will be the rate at which you accepted your mortgage, which will always be a percentage above the Euribor rate.

Each Caja rate differs depending on which mortgage deal you go for.

We pay Euribor + 1% based on a six monthly revue, and this is with CAM.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 9:09 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

as i said in my post,i have always been on the euribor rate and as you state its +1%,but this year they have changed to cajas rate .i have checked the euribor history and each year my interest rate has always been 1% above the euribor rate ,..if their are different cajas rates where on the internet can i check them

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 9:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

There are no 'set' rates for Caja, as each deal is different, however most charge between 1% and 1.75% dependant on the deal.

However don't forget that most banks go back two months in order to pick up the 'average' monthly Euribor rate, and this includes CAM. The average monthly Euribor rate two months ago would have been based on March and this was 1.775 for the six month rate and 1.909 for the 12 Month rate.

So your monthly rate should now be, if you're one + 1% as you say, either 2.775 or 2.909.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:38 PM by darren.wilkes Star rating in Bolton/Vegas. 747 posts Send private message

darren.wilkes´s avatar

My mortgage is also with CAM. I took this out in June 2008. I pay 1.1% above Euribor. This was reviewed after 6 months then annually thereafter.

My first review was December 2008 and they used the Euribor rate from 2 months before (October).

My next review is Dec 2009 and my rate will be 1.1% over whatever Euribor is in October 2009. For details of Euribor see the last column on this link.

http://www.bde.es/clientebanca/tipo/referencia/temas/tipos.htm

Darren - Founder Member of the Half Empty Crew, Corvera Test Pilot, Winner of La Cata Raffle, Keyholder for the Football Pitches & NOT the Condado burglar!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

2 bed furniture pack half price (costa del sol) - 0 posts
2 bedroom furniture pack for sale half price (costa del sol) - 0 posts
Looking for advice please about all furnishings for a villa - 3 posts
Disruptions to Eye on Spain services - Sunday 7 June - 8 posts
Best Beaches in August on Costa Blanca South - 3 posts
Gas bottles in Manilva - 4 posts
New Business venture - 1 posts
How to find a good property management company? - 9 posts
Transport from Murcia Airport to Vera Playa - 15 posts
Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly - 7 posts
car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x